advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the council tip yesterday and I expected to queue and wait my turn but it was just like pre COVID. There were cars everywhere, no social distancing and I was the only one wearing a mask! Seems like a lot of people think the pandemic is over :eek:

Is your tip indoors? Why do you need a mask?

Recent trip to Florida from SoCal via DFW Dallas - interesting comparison between locations. SoCal everyone mask wearing mostly correctly, all airport seating modified to keep people 6' apart, travelers observing distancing were possible. Dallas airport blatant disregard to correct mask wearing, removal of masks, no separation of seating etc. (all airports require masks by federal rules). Florida somewhere in-between. Seem like social responsibility is clearly politicized, CA Blue, TX Red, FL Red with tinges of blue. On board the plane everyone was forced to comply with mask regulations.

Recent trip to Florida from SoCal via DFW Dallas - interesting comparison between locations. SoCal everyone mask wearing mostly correctly, all airport seating modified to keep people 6' apart, travelers observing distancing were possible. Dallas airport blatant disregard to correct mask wearing, removal of masks, no separation of seating etc. (all airports require masks by federal rules). Florida somewhere in-between. Seem like social responsibility is clearly politicized, CA Blue, TX Red, FL Red with tinges of blue. On board the plane everyone was forced to comply with mask regulations.

This should result in lower cases for Democrat states : at which time maybe they should close borders to high cases states. As Australia did.

It’s noteworthy that only after Johnson cancels his trip to India that India is immediately placed on the red list for travel.

2 528 cases, 33 deaths and still no update to admissions figures yet, the last was 14th.

Edit: 3 days added 127, 118 and 135 (17th) cf 99 for the model.

Last edited:
Prime minister Boris Johnson on Tuesday warned that the UK could experience another wave of coronavirus “at some stage this year”.

“I see nothing in the data now that makes me think we are going to have to deviate in any way from the roadmap ... but the majority of scientific opinion in this country is still firmly in the view that there will be another wave of Covid at some stage this year,” he said. “As we look at what’s happening in other countries with record cases around the world, we cannot delude ourselves that Covid has gone away,” he said.

Johnson argued that the country would need to “learn to live” with the disease, as he announced the creation of a new antiviral task force aimed at accelerating the search for home-based drug treatments for coronavirus. “This means, for example, that if you test positive there might be a tablet you can take at home to stop the virus in its tracks and significantly reduce the chances of infection turning into more severe disease,” he said. “Or if you’re living with someone who has tested positive, there might be a pill you could take for a few days to stop you getting the disease yourself.”

https://www.ft.com/content/e163b151-f262-4b4b-99c6-7ad43478c572

Crikey, just seen the C4 news report from Delhi. It’s absolutely horrendous and can only see it growing exponentially.

Is your tip indoors? Why do you need a mask?

It’s outdoors but wearing a mask has been a requirement at our tip for some time. You could only dump one item and you had to queue until the parking space in front of the skip you needed was clear. Cars were parked half way up the road most days. On Sunday it was just like old times. Next time I go I’ll check the signs to see if the council has relaxed its COVID rules. I still expected to see people wearing masks and I’ll still wear mine next time given how close people were getting.

It’s outdoors but wearing a mask has been a requirement at our tip for some time. You could only dump one item and you had to queue until the parking space in front of the skip you needed was clear. Cars were parked half way up the road most days. On Sunday it was just like old times. Next time I go I’ll check the signs to see if the council has relaxed its COVID rules. I still expected to see people wearing masks and I’ll still wear mine next time given how close people were getting.

Our tip has been exactly as normal all the way through. It closed originally but then it opened back up and went back to how it was.

Prime minister Boris Johnson on Tuesday warned that the UK could experience another wave of coronavirus “at some stage this year”.

“I see nothing in the data now that makes me think we are going to have to deviate in any way from the roadmap ... but the majority of scientific opinion in this country is still firmly in the view that there will be another wave of Covid at some stage this year,” he said. “As we look at what’s happening in other countries with record cases around the world, we cannot delude ourselves that Covid has gone away,” he said.

Johnson argued that the country would need to “learn to live” with the disease, as he announced the creation of a new antiviral task force aimed at accelerating the search for home-based drug treatments for coronavirus. “This means, for example, that if you test positive there might be a tablet you can take at home to stop the virus in its tracks and significantly reduce the chances of infection turning into more severe disease,” he said. “Or if you’re living with someone who has tested positive, there might be a pill you could take for a few days to stop you getting the disease yourself.”

https://www.ft.com/content/e163b151-f262-4b4b-99c6-7ad43478c572

The message is that the next wave is one we’ll have to toughen out whatever the cost, presumably that’s why he keeps saying irreversible. He knows now that the health system is flexible and can be twisted to absorb more and more covid patients, he knows now that his popularity isn’t damaged by deaths, or indeed long hospital waiting lists.

Johnson is such a buffoon but people still seem to think he is doing a good job and are not bothered either by his cash for cronies contracts and horrendous wasting of government funds . I am sure he already knows that there will be another wave and is sharpening his so called churchill act for it

The message is that the next wave is one we’ll have to toughen out whatever the cost, presumably that’s why he keeps saying irreversible. He knows now that the health system is flexible and can be twisted to absorb more and more covid patients, he knows now that his popularity isn’t damaged by deaths, or indeed long hospital waiting lists.

Don't worry "there might be a pill" o_O

Crikey, just seen the C4 news report from Delhi. It’s absolutely horrendous and can only see it growing exponentially.

I have been really surprised that India has not had a huge surge in COVID earlier on in the pandemic, given the population density, but without a ruthlessly efficient central government to enforce track, trace and quarantine, like China has done.

On the one hand I'm tremendously happy to be getting my first shot on Friday, and on the other guilty as hell that so many billions, whose lives are so much more precarious than mine, will have to endure months or years of hell before their turn comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back