advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same old mixed messaging from Johnson - has he learnt nothing?

"People should enjoy new freedoms but remain wary of the risks, Boris Johnson has said, as beer gardens, alfresco restaurants, shops and salons prepared to reopen across England on Monday for the first time in almost four months.

The prime minister hailed the reopening – a major and “irreversible” step in the roadmap of easing restrictions – as “a chance to get back to doing some of the things we love and have missed”.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...boris-johnson-england-reopens-lockdown-easing

It’s all about the beer or rather what the beer signifies- the nexus of partisan financial interests and the rabid strain of libertarianism embodied by the likes Lord Mullet on one hand and ‘Sir’ Desmond Swayne on the other.

a6AYz38.jpg

And you wonder why ‘irreversible’ was entered into the text of Johnson’s announcement? Perhaps the ERG-CRG told him he was drinking in the last chance saloon.

I'm not sure what's so difficult for some people about this message...but anyway, great news for businesses and mental health today. Wee bit chilly to to be drinking alfresco but at least the wife's hairdresser's till will be ringing. Cheers all.

Let's hope the cold temperatures temper behaviour somewhat. It's the 2nd week of the Easter school holidays here and there will a lot of teenagers mixing outside of their school bubbles and outwith the rules that schools have put in place re distancing, handwashing and mask wearing.

I spent this weekend wiring up lights and heating in a beer tent ready for today. I'm off work today but I won't be indulging. I do realise that people are itching to get out and enjoy some freedom and the economy could do with a lift too but it's just a bit early for me I'm afraid. I'm going to take a step back and see how things pan out over the next few weeks.

Although I’m partial to a pint now and again, i can’t get my head around queuing outside a pub at midnight to stand outside. What’s the attraction in that unless there is a sale on!.

I'm not sure what's so difficult for some people about this message...but anyway, great news for businesses and mental health today. Wee bit chilly to to be drinking alfresco but at least the wife's hairdresser's till will be ringing. Cheers all.

Message from Boris seems to be fairly clear to me. Enjoy the lockdown easing but be sensible and follow the guidelines. It’s not difficult to understand or mixed in tone. He’s definitely been at pains this time to be seen to be more cautious and follow the science, so he seems to have learnt from last year.

I’m in Bolton today covering something for my work (on my lunch break and gone into Greggs to get a steak bake) and it’s noticeably more busy due to the lockdown easing. Everyone seems to be being sensible though.

Walked round my village.
Everyone behaving themselves.
All shops only letting a few in at a time, no more than 2 in any one party. Masks de rigeur as is hand cleansing still. About 50% wearing masks in the street. Sensible, socially distanced queuing everywhere.
Wonderful to see the village alive again.

"Researchers say the discovery is a “significant milestone” for the pandemic, and that the drug, budesonide (Pulmicort, Rhinocort, Entocort), is effective as a treatment at home and during the early stages of the illness.

Early treatment with the medication shortens recovery time by a median average of three days in those with Covid-19 who are at higher risk of more severe illness and are treated in the community, according to the research.

It is a safe and readily available corticosteroid commonly used around the world in inhalers to treat asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease..."

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...088c820d864793#block-607456398f088c820d864793

"Researchers say the discovery is a “significant milestone” for the pandemic, and that the drug, budesonide (Pulmicort, Rhinocort, Entocort), is effective as a treatment at home and during the early stages of the illness.

Early treatment with the medication shortens recovery time by a median average of three days in those with Covid-19 who are at higher risk of more severe illness and are treated in the community, according to the research.

It is a safe and readily available corticosteroid commonly used around the world in inhalers to treat asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease..."

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...088c820d864793#block-607456398f088c820d864793

That is interesting (not that your other posts are not!). I'm pretty sure I had COVID very early on and was tired with a dreadful cough for 10 weeks, but no worse than that. I'm mildly asthmatic and automatically doubled my dose of daily steroid inhaler when I started coughing badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back