advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not remotely statistically significant.. but my neighbour was the first in our cul de sac of geriatrics to get the jab.. yesterday (Thursday 28th) He's 73. He got the Pfizer jab. The rest of us are due in the next few days at the same place. I am delayed until 7th Feb due to a 'cock up' at my GP surgery.

I'd feel safer with the Pfizer jab certainly. Good luck. The thing is nobody knows if they're immune or not so, with the odds of the AZ vaccine particulary, you'd have to behave as if not.

Occasionally I listen to LBC and the traffic news in London remind me of visits to my sister-in-law's who lived in Sheppards Bush at the time. M25 seems to be running as normal. Tube is heavy with delays on a variety of lines. Is London operating as normal during a lockdown?

I'd feel safer with the Pfizer jab certainly. Good luck. The thing is nobody knows if they're are immune or not so you'd have to behave as if not, with the odds of the AZ vaccine, particulary.

Good luck with that hope. People will go mad once they get the jab. The only consolation is it is the older groups getting it first and they are less mobile.

142477912_251711963001349_2494914048931806845_n.jpg

Good luck with that hope. People will go mad once they get the jab. The only consolation is it is the older groups getting it first and they are less mobile.

I don't think people have their heads round it at all yet. The vaccination programme isn't about individuals necessarily (50% efficacy would be acceptable) it's the total distribution - or the herd if you like.

Occasionally I listen to LBC and the traffic news in London remind me of visits to my sister-in-law's who lived in Sheppards Bush at the time. M25 seems to be running as normal. Tube is heavy with delays on a variety of lines. Is London operating as normal during a lockdown?

In some parts you wouldn't know there was a lockdown. My partner is down there and has been since before Xmas, she says the amount of coming and going on the road she lives on is astonishing.

I spoke with a friend last night who I saw had posted elsewhere on social media that both she and her partner had been jabbed. I was thrilled for them both but knew them both to be in their late 40's. I discovered she now works in a vaccination centre, her partner was invited to site yesterday for his Pfizer jab - it appears that so many folk invited to attend don't show up so they offer it locally before discarding the rest, such a waste and so frustrating to the masses waiting for a jab!

I spoke with a friend last night who I saw had posted elsewhere on social media that both she and her partner had been jabbed. I was thrilled for them both but knew them both to be in their late 40's. I discovered she now works in a vaccination centre, her partner was invited to site yesterday for his Pfizer jab - it appears that so many folk invited to attend don't show up so they offer it locally before discarding the rest, such a waste and so frustrating to the masses waiting for a jab!

If you just don't turn up your name should go to the end of the queue.

Is Brexit effecting our ability to see a global pandemic in anything other than narrow nationalistic terms...and like Brexit, likely to have a cost that comes back to bite us by causing damage to the very thing we seek to protect, ourselves

Alt-right popularist/Trumpian government = alt-right popularist/Trumpian narrative. The gaslight is full-on.

Jewish News investigation into the large Orthodox weddings in London that have continued through lockdown - potentially politically sensitive but worth reading in full.
https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.co...-months-theyve-broken-every-rule-in-the-book/

The entity/venue should be fined into oblivion IMHO. If such behaviour takes place in a synagogue, mosque, church hall, nightclub or whatever hit them with a £500k-£1m fine. If that bankrupts them then meh. Their actions are placing NHS staff at considerable risk and that should 100% be the priority. I can begrudgingly accept that some individuals in our society are so pigshit thick and ignorant they go along with a crowd, but there is zero excuse for any religion or business entity defying the law. Fines need to be punitive. Take them right out of the marketplace if need be. Better that than a single NHS worker being placed at avoidable risk.

The entity/venue should be fined into oblivion IMHO.

I don't disagree - what's been described in the article is indefensible. Though for me it also raises questions about whether there needs to be a bigger push to engage insular communities with covid prevention - I suspect this is an extreme example of what is playing out in other communities.

The article lists one of the venues as a state-funded school whose principal died of covid last spring. Incredible really but also so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back