advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Covid-19 is a flu virus.

Whilst I'm in broad agreement with most of your post.. Covid is definitely NOT a 'flu' virus. It is this fact which creates much of the problem. Covid-19 is a new form of Coronavirus. Coronaviruses are responsible for assorted forms of the Common Cold... and research for many decades did not come up with a vaccine against the 'Common Cold'

As far as I can tell.. Covid-19 itself does not kill. It is the extreme antibody reaction of some people's bodies to the virus which causes a massive pneumonia..which in turn can be fatal, through lung damage. and.. in effect. drowning. I've not yet read anything which points to a way of identifying who is more at risk, other than the general efect of age. What I suspect is needed.. is a way to tell which PREVIOUS infections have an influence on any individual's reaction to Covid.

Whilst I'm in broad agreement with most of your post.. Covid is definitely NOT a 'flu' virus. It is this fact which creates much of the problem. Covid-19 is a new form of Coronavirus. Coronaviruses are responsible for assorted forms of the Common Cold... and research for many decades did not come up with a vaccine against the 'Common Cold'

As far as I can tell.. Covid-19 itself does not kill. It is the extreme antibody reaction of some people's bodies to the virus which causes a massive pneumonia..which in turn can be fatal, through lung damage. and.. in effect. drowning. I've not yet read anything which points to a way of identifying who is more at risk, other than the general efect of age. What I suspect is needed.. is a way to tell which PREVIOUS infections have an influence on any individual's reaction to Covid.
It might be as difficult as different strains of common cold.

I’m not saying society will return fully to normal even once a vaccine has been rolled out. However with a significant number of the population having an immunity to the virus, in particular those most vulnerable to it, we will be able to significantly relax restrictions and eventually return to full normality.

There is no guarantee nobody will die from the virus, but thousands die from the flu every year with a vaccine and we don’t put restrictions on our lives.

We can’t wait until nobody dies of this virus to fully open up. No government in their right mind would want to decimate the economy and business, mental health and other physical illnesses and social lives in that way.

Are you seriously saying we should lockdown/have restrictions until nobody dies of this virus?

A vaccine is our best way out of this and I’m surprised that not everyone is embracing it.

I was asking questions. I wonder how people will react to post-vaccine deaths.

I don’t have to make these decisions. I don’t envy those who do.

Stephen

Call me a cynic, but why would Pharma want to cure the common cold or flu? More money is to be made from unguents and potions.

The rapid production of a 90%+ vaccine in a year makes you wonder how many flu deaths could have been prevented and hours lost with sniffles over the years.

I'm actually positive about the new vaccines.

I’m less positive about the Government’s abilities to distribute it, nor keeping mitigation in place long enough.

Stephen

The eminent virologist Donald J. Trump has identified it as Kung Flu.

Indeed. That other eminent Virologist and Epidemiologist Boris Alexander De Pfeffel Piffle Waffle Johnson assured us, in March 2020, that this little local difficulty would all blow over in 'A couple of weeks'.

Where would we be without such great leaders?

^ Brexit Britain has no friends so we need to build aircraft carriers to defend the Falklands. This is obviously more important than schools or hospitals. Btw where are BJ's 40 hospitals ?

^ Brexit Britain has no friends so we need to build aircraft carriers to defend the Falklands. This is obviously more important than schools or hospitals. Btw where are BJ's 40 hospitals ?

There were never 40 hospitals. Six commissioned (four started?), the rest already existed already and only had funding to see how they could be improved. Many are cottage hospitals.

People believe the lies and Johnson is rarely challenged on them. Even if he is, he rides it out and they move on.

Stephen

19 875 positives today, 341 deaths and no further update on hospitalisations. Deaths appear to have levelled - I think that's probably the levelling we saw in hospitalisations after half term - but new admissions are up week on week.

The first nhs staff are to be vaccinated in December (confirmed) - don't ask.

19 875 positives today, 341 deaths and no further update on hospitalisations. Deaths appear to have levelled - I think that's probably the levelling we saw in hospitalisations after half term - but new admissions are up week on week.

The first nhs staff are to be vaccinated in December (confirmed) - don't ask.

Putting a bit of negative spin on more positive figures? ;)

So presumably cases and hospitalisations and deaths will increase now kids are back in school.

Still reckon lockdown should be extended in December :confused:?

Putting a bit of negative spin on more positive figures? ;)

So presumably cases and hospitalisations and deaths will increase now kids are back in school.

Still reckon lockdown should be extended in December :confused:?

You've changed the tense, I'm telling you that hospitalisations have been increasing (6% this past week) - that means deaths will increase while it remains that way...

You've changed the tense, I'm telling you that hospitalisations have been increasing (6% this past week) - that means deaths will increase while it remains that way...
With cases going down, hospitalisations and deaths will also, when you take into account the lag period.

The only choice the government can now make is a return to the tier system if you ask me. Another lockdown would be wrong and there is no justification for another lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back