advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
18 804 cases today, 80 deaths, back up to 780 odd hospitals in England only (Sat)

Last edited:
Just seen some very interesting polling on Sky News ahead of a program they are broadcasting later tonight. I can’t remember the exact figures, but overwhelmingly in favour of increased lockdown measures, including proposals to relaxing for younger people. Overwhelmingly critical of Johnson (Starmer fairs a little better, Sturgeon a lot better being evens). As such it is pretty safe to conclude current government reaction (I won’t use the word ‘strategy’) to covid 19 does not have public support.

People need to use their common sense- if you take the giant cotton bud out of the container and there’s a nostril hair stuck to a green lump on it, then run it under the tap before using it. Oh and remember to score out the old address and put your own on it.
You don’t even have to do that.
Used ones all have swabs snapped in half.

Just seen some very interesting polling on Sky News ahead of a program they are broadcasting later tonight. I can’t remember the exact figures, but overwhelmingly in favour of increased lockdown measures, including proposals to relaxing for younger people. Overwhelmingly critical of Johnson (Starmer fairs a little better, Sturgeon a lot better being evens). As such it is pretty safe to conclude current government reaction (I won’t use the word ‘strategy’) to covid 19 does not have public support.

Details are here: https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...r-pandemic-and-61-dont-trust-pm-poll-12108347

It's not clear what they mean by "younger people" though.

[edit]

I can't f**king cope with this b*llocks anymore.

The right-wing press flip-flops between urging the relaxation of restrictions and telling us we're all going to die of COVID. Plus, on the nuttier end of their readership, there's plenty of anti-vaxxers and COVID deniers to keep happy (or at least not antagonise). The Torygraph seems to have gone completely bat-shit crazy now, and one article that I saw the beginning of, but didn't read, argued that New Zealand's COVID strategy had been 'disastrous'. WTAF?

I used to head over to the Telegraph from time to time to seek out alternative views, but a few months ago I deleted it from my bookmarks as i simply could not stomach the batshit crazy bile that purported to be news.

The right-wing press flip-flops between urging the relaxation of restrictions and telling us we're all going to die of COVID.

To be fair one of them instead decided to wax lyrical today about an arctic blast ice queen back to the stone age storm supposed to hit us next week. I don't think it was the Express either... for once!

I used to head over to the Telegraph from time to time to seek out alternative views, but a few months ago I deleted it from my bookmarks as i simply could not stomach the batshit crazy bile that purported to be news.
Waste of a subscription then...

Just seen some very interesting polling on Sky News ahead of a program they are broadcasting later tonight. I can’t remember the exact figures, but overwhelmingly in favour of increased lockdown measures
Who are these people? I don’t know anyone who wants more lockdown measures, in fact it’s the opposite and we should either have less or none at all.

The Torygraph seems to have gone completely bat-shit crazy now, and one article that I saw the beginning of, but didn't read, argued that New Zealand's COVID strategy had been 'disastrous'. WTAF?

Hard-right paper. National borders are for fascism, not for health. Clandestine Channel Commander hats for all, but passport-free access for covid 19.

:D

We used to buy the Torygraph most days, but bailed once it became a Boris fanzine. Haven't seen a copy for months, but the headlines pop up on Google News and you can usually see the first couple of lines.

Consumed by CHAOS.

Why do you want people to catch coronavirus?

Which part of the country are you in?

This is what Andy Burnham wants - let it rip and protect the vulnerable in some unspecified way. He wants it because lockdowns make people poorer. Do you think he’s unreasonable?

There’s a post on this somewhere above today with a link to Burnham’s blog where he announces that this is his new idea.

This is what Andy Burnham wants - let it rip and protect the vulnerable in some unspecified way. He wants it because lockdowns make people poorer. I would want it if I thought there was a way to achieve it.

There’s a post on this somewhere above today with a link.

No lockdowns make more people deader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back