advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
hope you're both ok, take it easy

Both been fine, I've not had any symptoms and tested negative last week. She just couldn't taste any food and had one day of feeling a wee bit run down.

We've both been out digging out our back garden to put some decking down. 2 skips full so far. Hard grafting helps fight the Covid :)

It checks out anecdotally as I know of several people unable to get a test in London in recent weeks.

Well we've been promoted to Tier 2 and I still can't get a bloody test unless I'm an essential worker. Not that I really need one.

May as well go back down to Tier 1 now IMO!

AFAIK there is no 'entirely different tier of healthcare' that guarantees Covid recovery. Was BoJo just lucky ?

It was widely reported that there was a ventilator in the room waiting in case he needed it, despite there being a national shortage of them at the time, i.e. he was clearly prioritised on wealth and status over and above need.

Did Trump get special drug treatments that are not available generally ?

Yes, despite only apparently paying $750 in taxes on his “billionaire” wealth and “earnings” he had a fully staffed military emergency hospital and a variety of new drug regimes at his disposal. I’d love to know exactly what treatment he received, and what, if anything can be learned from it. If I was an American tax payer (i.e. someone who actually paid what they owed) I’d be pushing all channels of freedom of information to try and establish what he had received and what I’d paid towards it.

Two national leaders, two sides of the same unaccountable yet entirely parasitic oligarch elite coin.

It's worth updating the hospitals graph again to show the exponential increase in October, arguments about case numbers are just esoteric. Hospitals and then deaths are all that matter (sorry to be so brutal)

Seems Sadiq Khan is suggesting cases in London are being recorded as lower than other parts of the country as less testing is being done there... thought as much!

The ONS survey is a good measure of how regions compare as it's based on a random sample. The latest release shows infection rates in London slightly below national average (though there is a two week delay in publishing figures).

yJjD853.png

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...iruscovid19infectionsurveypilot/16october2020

Liverpool muso and owner of Pink Studios Hambi Haralambous (Hambi And The Dance) has apparently just died of covid 19.

The Welsh devolved powers are truly vile. I’m hearing the public sector (on full wages etc) have been given a weeks notice of a full lockdown whilst private sector businesses are left in the dark. Absolute scum. They don’t give a F because they won’t be paying the bill.

The Welsh devolved powers are truly vile. I’m hearing the public sector (on full wages etc) have been given a weeks notice of a full lockdown whilst private sector businesses are left in the dark. Absolute scum. They don’t give a F because they won’t be paying the bill.

The only people who will be paying any bill is us and several generations on from us! It does not matter whether it's Sunak or a devolved nation, the debt will be paid by the taxpayer! Certain people in here keep saying the 'government should pay for....' and seem to be forgetting that we will all be paying for it, not the government. It's absolutely right that proper support should be given where it's needed and lockdowns be imposed to reduce deaths, but let's stop pretending that we won't be left with a massive bill because of this which is why it's doubly frustrating (health wise and financially) that the government are making such a complete and utter mess of handling the pandemic.

What I don't get is why after he's had so long to look at the levels and type of relief Sunak is still offering such a crude method of allocating wage support. 66% of (eff all) Minimum wage isn't enough to live on( Christ 100% isn't), he should have used min wage as the base line minimum and tapered relief above that, there's an inherent brutality to Tory thinking where it's ok to expect someone who's already probably run up debts from the previous lockdown to have to wait till early December before they get any of the Universal credit top ups he claims will compensate.

I wonder if at some point in the near future, next year some time, it’s going to become clear that some industries, hospitality and events for example, are a dead duck for the foreseeable future, and that investing any state money with the hope of saving the jobs in those industries is throwing good money after bad.

If it turns out that COVID will change the economy fundamentally and structurally, that it’s not just a blip, there is the opportunity for imaginative radical political thinking, the opportunity, the necessity even, for a radical plan for the COVID economy - a plan which is not based on the presumption of growth.

Where are you ‘hearing’ this from? There’s a lot of deliberate misinformation out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back