advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XI

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the Italians have managed it:
  • The population has been “totally awakened” by the continuous information about the virus and its consequences.
  • Italian scientists are consistently asking themselves why Italy is faring better than other European countries.
  • Italy’s testing and tracing system sets it apart.
    “There is a lot of debate about such systems but without powerful information it is not so efficient because people do not necessarily recall where they have been or people they have met,”
  • The Italian approach has been to test everyone within the social network of an infected person – their families, friends, colleagues, neighbours – regardless of whether they have been exposed. This has enabled Italy to uncover thousands of asymptomatic cases.
  • Testing at numerous drive-in centres and airports has also helped – all those arriving from at-risk countries must undergo swab tests,
  • The government is also credited for its clear, simple and consistent messages to the public.
    “Even if there have been some controversies, we have to admit that the government has been firm, and maintained a truly continuous and rigorous way of acting,”
If you have to use quotation marks, be a good chap and have the decency to cite where they have come from. Otherwise, it looks like you’re making it up.

You do have a habit of seeming to want to close down the contributions of anybody who has an opinion not in-line with your own.

You called me a Stalinist - you weren't contributing in any way to the discussion, I don't suffer fools if that's what you mean. I've had to pull this thread back on topic on a number of occasions.

Eldest just taken on at a Lighthouse lab after three days training. Very proud of him - his supervisor was surprised by his skill levels given he is an undergraduate.* Will be great experience hopefully and allows him to defer final year until this may he over. And it's decent pay.

* Patience and fine motor skills inherited from Mum.

Superb indication of how Hancock and Williamson have no understanding of anything vaguely numerical on this week's More or less.

It's concerning false positives.

Stephen
Both are demonstrations of the depressingly low quality of this Cabinet. Yes men appointed by a grave incompetent lacking any work ethic. By the time they are ejected they will have left the country poorer for being suckered by them.

Maybe this will amount to a major breakthrough in due course...

"A significant proportion of patients who develop life-threatening forms of Covid-19 have genetic or immunological defects that impair their ability to fight the virus, research has found."

"The auto-antibody finding is especially exciting, said the consortium member and infectious diseases physician Vanessa Sancho-Shimizu of Imperial College London, because 95% of severe patients who carry the auto-antibodies are male and over 50. “It explains the age and gender bias that we’re seeing in the severe patient population,” she says."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...une-defects-may-impair-ability-fight-covid-19

Good Evening All,

Our d******d neighbour has had two lots of visitors to their bungalow today - despair doesn't even get close. This is the same neighbour who moved in when moving house was 'banned' back in March.

Thank God guns are not as readily available here as in the US...........

Do I phone the Police or have to go and have another conversation with them?

I am getting heartily sick of having my life impacted by those sections of society who simply think the rules don't apply to them.

Now we're back to stripping the supermarket shelves with 'panic' buying.........

Regards

Richard

Good Evening All,

Our d******d neighbour has had two lots of visitors to their bungalow today - despair doesn't even get close. This is the same neighbour who moved in when moving house was 'banned' back in March.

I am getting heartily sick of having my life impacted by those sections of society who simply think the rules don't apply to them.

Now we're back to stripping the supermarket shelves with 'panic' buying.........

Regards

Richard

Don't delay, call 1-800-PPA-TEL. Do it right now.

Good Evening All,

Regards

Richard

Perhaps they'd not checked the news for five whole minutes to find out the latest government U turn.

Good Evening All,

Regards

Richard
A country packed full of morons & led by donkeys.

Good Evening All,

Regards

Richard
House moving was never banned.

http://www.bevanbrittan.com/insight...-home-moving-during-the-coronavirus-outbreak/

Spreading the virus may be a reason, just perhaps?

I don't recall house moving being banned, nor do I remember having visitors being banned. Richard is curtain twitching, winding himself up, and completely missing the bigger picture.

(Brian's "like" also registered).

Good Evening All,

Regards

Richard
Are you in Scotland? In England your neighbour would be following the rules. If you trust the British government there’s no need to get cross with your neighbour.

You do trust the government, don’t you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back