Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus - the new strain X

Discussion in 'off topic' started by gavreid, Aug 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuga

tuga Legal Alien

Didn't this happen before with a ferry crossing?

stephen bennett, tqineil and gavreid like this.
  2. gintonic

gintonic 50 shades of grey pussy cats

interesting

webster and AndyU like this.
  3. tiggers

tiggers pfm Member

And they have an 80 seat majority so PMQs is pure pantomime fluff and nothing else. Trying to find any glimmer of hope in Johnson's inevitably woeful performances week in week out is just desperation frankly!

Nero and gavreid like this.
  4. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

What? You mean this government has a history of corruption and lies? Surely not?

tuga likes this.
  5. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

It's odd, isn't it, that of all the things the DM and the Express gets in a lather about, such as immigrants, asylum seekers, single mums and general fecklessness, it never seems to occur to them to bring blatant government corruption and cronyism to their readers' attention. I'd have thought the readership would LOVE a chance to get properly worked up about that sort of thing.

6. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

To be fair to the Daily Mail, not an easy 7 words to write one after the other, they did go with the PPE corruption of the hand outs of £billions to firms who were never going to provide PPE, which is more than the Labour Party has done so far!

jackbarron likes this.
  7. Andrew C!

Andrew C! Been around a while....

Good job:D

8. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

It keeps the pressure up though. And what other forum do the opposition have to expose Government wrongdoing and failure?

We have a Government obsessed with spin, lies and appearances.

It matters a lot to them how they look—especially to their own media pals, donors and the party.

Stephen

9. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

3991 cases (a new peak) and 20 deaths

10. twotone

twotone pfm Member

Apparently that lab is shambles, that's the one that had the coronavirus outbreak in the summer, think it's in Motherwell.

11. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Not heard anything yet. We've all got whatever it is now so here's hoping...

twotone likes this.
  12. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

Looking at the number of schools who have already runnout of their allotted 10 test kits, and the number of kids sent home with Covid symptoms, it seems that the message that kids don’t get Covid and don’t pass it it on, is not entirely correct.

Who got it wrong? The Scientists? Or the makers of the message?

13. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

We’ll blow me down with a feather, that’s a shock. I’d never have thought it.

tiggers and ks.234 like this.
  14. gingermrkettle

gingermrkettle Deep vein trombonist

15. Ragaman

Ragaman Mentalist

Do the simple things correctly for one. Things that cost nothing like avoiding hugging colleagues, use hand sanitizer, washing of hands, keeping distance from colleagues. Simple stuff.

16. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

The scientists in the US have been saying that children spread COVID for several months:
    https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/st...ildren-as-the-silent-spreaders-of-sars-cov-2/

The only way to have in-person learning without a significant rise in cases is to test every child every few days - currently a logistical impossibility.

that's not to say it's wrong to open schools - that's a complex decision - but anyone who pretends it can be done "safely" without massive testing capacity is misinformed or lieing.

17. gavreid

gavreid pfm Member

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  18. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Johnson today in the Commons and in front of the Select Committee, gave the appearance of a man who has lost control.

tqineil likes this.
  19. clifftaylor

clifftaylor Absolutely retired!

Given that he's never had control, this cannot have happened.

Nick_G and Ragaman like this.
  20. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

This is the worst national crisis I’ve seen in my life time and it is deepening. It requires leadership and Im afraid we have, coincidentally, a Prime Minister wholly unsuited to the task. It means chaos is coming- you can almost smell it.

wylton likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.