advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone inside the M25 can now work (from home) on reapplying for EU membership. Scotland, Wales and NI welcome to join.

main-qimg-bfe5f3978a0327365fe5b4b64f066567

London lockdown: M25 could become 'border point' and millions of over-50s told to shield under 'nuclear' plans to avoid second lockdown

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/m25-border-shielding-second-lockdown-a4514461.html

QuaintInformalCoral-size_restricted.gif
Last time we heard rumours like this it turned out to be the government intentionally leaking misinformation that was then amplified online. The very modest amount of “panic buying” this resulted in then filled the headlines for a few days. It really helped establish the narrative that the public are irresponsible, selfish idiots, which has done a lot of work for the team of murderers running the country and continues in a more targeted way (BAME communities are causing the 2nd wave!) to this day.

I mean it might be true this time, just mentioning it for context.

They also call people 'provincials' if they live between about Watford Gap and London...

When I lived in Manchester I'd call the locals scousers (if I could get away with it) if they called me a cockney - I'm from Warwickshire originally which is much further from London than Liverpool is from Manchester ;)

Getting bored of all the misinformation and inconsistencies. Sod it, thinking of heading to France once the schools are back. Sister and her family are out there now along the south west coast in their Motorhome, say it’s great, no issues at all.

it is *exactly* what I was expecting.

Everyone was expecting that easing lock-down would have consequences like this. That's why they took baby steps and made it clear that they'd put the breaks on if things got out of control. It would be more worrying if we weren't seeing these sorts of measures. What impresses me is that they say they can identify the flair ups so quickly and identify the causes so precisely -- people meeting in households in Manchester, work conditions in Leicester -- and so nuance their reaction.

Everyone was expecting that easing lock-down would have consequences like this. That's why they took baby steps and made it clear that they'd put the breaks on if things got out of control. What impresses me is that they say they can identify the causes so clearly -- people meeting in households in Manchester, work conditions in Leicester.

And pubs everywhere. As Joe P pointed out, shouting is a great way of spreading the virus, and people's voices get louder as they get drunker. In most pubs I've been in, you have to shout to make yourself heard anyway, even when sober.

Everyone was expecting that easing lock-down would have consequences like this. That's why they took baby steps and made it clear that they'd put the breaks on if things got out of control. It would be more worrying if we weren't seeing these sorts of measures. What impresses me is that they say they can identify the flair ups so quickly and identify the causes so precisely -- people meeting in households in Manchester, work conditions in Leicester -- and so nuance their reaction.

What impresses me is that you can find some good in these people. You see a full glass when it is empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back