advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maskless prat in Pret- it’s all about (other) people using their good judgement.

wzDYcbs.jpg

Protective measures will be introduced into areas of London at some point, I think. I've been up to the supermarket. Loads aren't wearing masks or social distancing. They're acting like there isn't a problem. Oh well.

Jack

Protective measures will be introduced into areas of London at some point, I think. I've been up to the supermarket. Loads aren't wearing masks or social distancing. They're acting like there isn't a problem. Oh well.

Jack

I think that it's only a matter of time before England goes back into a full lockdown with even more draconian measure, it's inevitable.

Jack

Wearing a mask is such an obvious thing to do. Shouldn't even need anyone to tell you to wear one. Properly and change them AND still wash your hands.
It is already predicted that the winter second wave will kill twice as many: perhaps when the total goes over 200,000 people will take it seriously.

The Government must wake up every day celebrating.

They’ve been gifted everything they’ve always wanted with an unassailable majority, moving huge amounts of cash to friends, family, political allies and donors while the public sit at home and watch Netflix. The Pandemic is just the icing on the Brexit cake.

Cummings, Gove and Johnson must have to pinch themselves. They take us for fools and we roll over and take it.

When secret coronavirus contracts are awarded without competition, it's deadly serious

Stephen

^ Vote for known liars and cheats and surprise, surprise they are corrupt.
But OTOH the opposition seems weak and ineffective. Democracy is failing in the UK and USA.
Russia and China can't believe their luck.
Brave New World indeed.

I think that it's only a matter of time before England goes back into a full lockdown with even more draconian measure, it's inevitable.
I don’t think we ever had a full quarantine, but putting that aside, I believe it’s more likely not going to happen. They will just continue putting the economy before lives, continue making all manner of spurious claims with high numbers of everything except cases and deaths.

There have been a lot of unnecessary deaths from this in the UK, there will be even more over the next 12 months.

I’m not convinced it is incompetence. The ‘back boris’ loons think they’re doing a great job as far as I can tell in media reports. Scary times.

I've been wondering why the number of cases hasn't jumped sharply since lockdown eased. It seems that the R number is thought to have been somwhat lower than the original estimates. It'll be like the dam explosion in Force 10 from Naverone, 'You have to let Nature take her course..give it time"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53414363

Trump, the great thinker and epidemiologist predicted that the virus would be gone by summer, that sunshine kills it. Now it’s ripping through the sunbelt (aka the red neck) states below the Mason-Dixon Line where MAGA hat sales and gun carrying are inversely proportional to mask wearing.
Now we have our own homegrown variety- Farage, Gove, Oakshott and the Tory idiot MP who stood up in Parliament to tell the world a gentleman can’t even go shopping in his own country now.

Did anyone see yesterday's Bastille Day parade? I liked what they did. The big traditional military bash was considerably reduced, the invited guests were people who had lost relatives to COVID, Switzerland, Germany and Luxembourg were invited to participate (their hospitals had helped out French hospitals when they had too many patients), and a group of medical professionals participated, all ambling on to great applause, looking very much as if they’d just stepped off the ward! See here at 1.30.05:

The main entertainment seemed to be the band of the Foreign Legion (1.03.32) – perhaps nobody cares what happens to them!

I can only hope that the two sailors who fell in a heap (one literally), bottom left at 1.48 and 2.24 aren't COVID victims.

Trump, the great thinker and epidemiologist predicted that the virus would be gone by summer, that sunshine kills it. Now it’s ripping through the sunbelt (aka the red neck) states below the Mason-Dixon Line where MAGA hat sales and gun carrying are inversely proportional to mask wearing.
Now we have our own homegrown variety- Farage, Gove, Oakshott and the Tory idiot MP who stood up in Parliament to tell the world a gentleman can’t even go shopping in his own country now.

Agree.The three musketeers listed above are some collection of bed fellows. Oakeshott is a weird one. Where do these type of women come from? We have one over here Gemma O'Doherty another journalist. It must go with the territory. She and John Waters( ex of Sinead O'Connor) challenged the emergency covid laws and of course lost the case. Google Gemma it will give you a few hours of shock and awe:)

With my 'new' Sonos was listening to parliament yesterday whilst teleworking. I heard the Tory bloke. He must be senile. Nobody reacted to him so assume he is an outlier of sorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back