advertisement

Cool new Bessa w/ 50/2.0 Heliar

An FM3-A is your precision crafted sniper rifle, Joe. Your coolness is restored.

joe.

it's hard to believe that a flat earth namie like you continues to support nikon. after all this time, perhaps audio analogies are in order...

canon = arcam (occasional quality, general competency, overall compromises)

nikon = NAD (the half-informed think it's hi-fi; will deliver fundamentals although lacking in soul)

pentax = rega (afordable, competent and often giant-killing)

bessa/voigtlander = 47 labs (part mystery, part purism, generally good, possibly outstanding)

contax = linn (consistently passes tune dem but always seems to be missing detail)

leica = nothing this good in audio, although olive naim on properly set up mana hints at it

gold-plated point-and-shoot digital = krell, audio research

mirror tele-photo lenses = classe

pin-hole cameras and IR photography = tube/valve amps

any digital camera with zoom lens and excessive photoshopping = krell, audio research, wadia, etc.

vuk.

p.s. the red stripe on certain nikons is a tribute to bands like "aldo nova" and fuels the aesthetic vision of guys trying to emulate david niven in night-robe with ascot.

I find it rather interesting how the onslaught of digital cameras gives a renewed interest in classic style analogue cameras. Compare to when CD was introduced...

JohanR

Vuk,

it's hard to believe that a flat earth namie like you continues to support nikon.
I'd rather take pictures than concern myself over what pretentious ****ers may think of my camera.

Joe

dan m said:
I think what Cosina's Kobayashi is doing for rangefinders is far from cynical.
I didn't say that. He's beating Leica at their own game and for a lot less money.

However, bringing out a 250th anniversary limited edition model when the only thing that's 250 years old is a name is a bit cynical. The idea that there's even the remotest connection between Cosina and the old Voigtländer company is quite laughable.

Michael.

michaelab said:
However, bringing out a 250th anniversary limited edition model when the only thing that's 250 years old is a name is a bit cynical. The idea that there's even the remotest connection between Cosina and the old Voigtländer company is quite laughable.

Especially since the camera was only invented 150 years ago!

Michael - I see your point, though I feel Cosina have their heart in the right place. Limited editions are for collectors and not shooters - it's a pity they probably wont sell that lens on its own.

Dan

Joe Hutch said:
The Citroen Dyane is the Hasselblad of cars.
What's this a Trabant or Wartburg ?
Zorki3rangrfinder.jpg

and this a Moscovitch ?
kiev4.jpg

and this a Zil ?
zorki4.jpg

advertisement

Back