advertisement

converting majik 140s to active

Physical installation is easy, however, Linn have been quite secretive about the configuration of Aktiv cards. Even the doc that comes with the cards only describes physical installation (plus an amp jumper position, IIRC) and one is referred to one's dealer for final config. This actually makes some sense, as there are numerous configuration possibilities based upon which Linn loudspeakers one intends to run active. There is a hint as to what needs adjusting for each Linn converted to active loudspeaker model on page 6 within "Linn Aktiv Modules Owners Manual" (which isn't much of manual really).

Hi Craig, Thank you for your reply.
I have at present Kaber cards fited to my majik 6100 amp, I expect the Majik 140 cards will fit in the same way.
My query was how to turn passive Majik 140 speakers into active use. ( probably didn't make that too clear)

Don't know anything about Majik 140 'speakers, however, this photo from Stone Audio's Twitter feed appears to indicate that Linn have streamlined the process down to changing Molex style plug connections on the crossover PCB. I do recall the old Kaber LS500 board being well labelled for where the driver leads needed to be move to, so perhaps, these crossover boards are as well.

CBwS2TWWEAASRhZ.jpg

Hi, craig, thank you for your research on my behalf.
I have just had the answer from the Linn owners forum at HI fi Wigwam.
It is indeed straightforward and just involves moving the eight speaker wires from connections marked bass + - etc, to two plastic sockets, one at either edge of the pcb similar to the one in your photo.

advertisement

Back