advertisement

Consumer Rights for Online Purchase from China???

strummer

pfm Member
I was looking for a lightweight pair of Safety shoes & came across a company called LondonComfy.
https://londoncomfy.com/

I messaged them to ask if they had any outlets up north, so I could try them for size. They said (in writing) they only have a warehouse in London. I explained I’m a 12 in most brands, but some US brands 11. They said they are “Made in UK”….

So I took a chance & placed the order. Immediately got an SMS confirmation from a US number, which raised suspicion. So I googled the company & found terrible Trustpilot reviews all saying the same thing. Chinese company, selling cheap tat & the returns address is in China etc..

…So within 25 minutes of placing the order, I emailed them to Cancel. They didn’t respond until next day & said they goods are despatched so they can’t cancel, but if I return the item they will issue a refund.

So I ask for the Returns address…it’s in China…

I used Revolut to pay. Absolutely brilliant for my travelling, but they’ve not been great with this. Can’t call them. Only contact via the app & only with general support staff. The team who deal with issues can take up to 50 days!!!!! If I’d used PayPal, they’d have sorted it instantly.

I believe I should be entitled to a Credit Card Chargeback on the grounds of Consumer Goods Act 2015, Goods not as Described, but does that apply to Chinese companies?

I’ve informed LondonComfy that they should issue a Post Paid Returns Slip, otherwise I will refuse delivery.

Any advice?

Ta

Thanks kensalriser.

The point I’m making is they claimed in writing that :

- they had a warehouse in London.
- the shoes are Made in UK.

So the fact the product is being shipped from China & the returns address they’ve given is in China would constitute a “Goods Not as Described” claim, would it not?

If only Revolut weren’t so slow, I’m sure I’ll be fine.

Should I refuse delivery?

Getting a refund out of them if they refuse could be difficult if at all possible.

Getting a refund out of them if they refuse could be difficult if at all possible.

I’m banking on the refund coming from Mastercard by way of a Chargeback based on the written evidence I’ve provided them showing the seller made several false claims.

I just wish Revolut were quicker to respond.

Thanks kensalriser.

The point I’m making is they claimed in writing that :

- they had a warehouse in London.
- the shoes are Made in UK.

So the fact the product is being shipped from China & the returns address they’ve given is in China would constitute a “Goods Not as Described” claim, would it not?

If only Revolut weren’t so slow, I’m sure I’ll be fine.

Should I refuse delivery?

Did they say they would ship from the UK? Just saying they have a warheouse in London doesn't mean thay have to ship from there. Do you know the shoes are not made in the UK?

Best bet is trying a dispute through Mastercard.

I got caught during the first lockdown- due dilligence for these one off purchases is a quick check on Trustpilot

Most Chinese suppliers have an agent in this country. They ship a container load of mixed orders to them, and the agent will distribute from there. I buy the odd item from China, and it comes in the UK post from a UK address, which is normally a unit on an industrial estate.
If your shoes arrive, I expect it will be the same. However, the agent will not handle returns.

Most Chinese suppliers have an agent in this country. They ship a container load of mixed orders to them, and the agent will distribute from there. I buy the odd item from China, and it comes in the UK post from a UK address.
If your shoes arrive, I expect it will be the same. However, the agent will not handle returns.
And clearly the items are not 'made in the UK'.

Thanks guys.

I’ve since realised I paid with Visa, not Mastercard. For some reason the main card with Revolut is Mastercard, but they also give you a one-time use disposable card for online shopping. That’s Visa. I understand Visa gives the same protection??

Unfortunately, Revolut are painfully slow to deal with it.

OK, so they didn’t say they would ship from their London warehouse, but there was absolutely no mention of China anywhere on their website. It’s purposely misleading.

They did say the shoes are “Made in UK”, which is clearly a lie. I’m not against buying goods from China (most are), it’s the deception I won’t accept.

The order is still showing as not despatched on their website.

Hopefully Revolut will respond soon & confirm the Chargeback. Otherwise I’ll see if I can contact Visa direct.

Thanks guys.

I’ve since realised I paid with Visa, not Mastercard. For some reason the main card with Revolut is Mastercard, but they also give you a one-time use disposable card for online shopping. That’s Visa. I understand Visa gives the same protection??

Unfortunately, Revolut are painfully slow to deal with it.

OK, so they didn’t say they would ship from their London warehouse, but there was absolutely no mention of China anywhere on their website. It’s purposely misleading.

They did say the shoes are “Made in UK”, which is clearly a lie. I’m not against buying goods from China (most are), it’s the deception I won’t accept.

The order is still showing as not despatched on their website.

Hopefully Revolut will respond soon & confirm the Chargeback. Otherwise I’ll see if I can contact Visa direct.
If the visa card is a credit card you have sec 75 protection.
If it’s a debit card you don’t.

LONDONCOMFY IS A SCAM!!!!! PLEASE BEWARE! THEY REFUSED PICKUP CALLS, NO RESPPONSE.. I DECIEDED TO TRY BUY SSD DRIVE FROM THEM EVEN THOUGHT THE WEBSITE LOOKS TOO FAKE 25/01/2022 AND TILL NOW NO RESPONSE. SCAM!!! SCAM!!! NEVER DEAL WITH THEM! IF I HAD SEEN THESE REVIEWS ON TIME I WOULDN'T HAVE.

Best bet is trying a dispute through Mastercard.

I got caught during the first lockdown- due dilligence for these one off purchases is a quick check on Trustpilot
I should have, I was so much in haste I feel for it. THEY ARE SCAMMERS!!!!!

I wouldn't sweat it - Put it down to experience and know to look out for this sort of thing in future - who knows, they could still turn up and be just the thing. That their contact number is a UK mobile number and they don't provide a UK postal address would have been enough to put me off before I even checked them on Trustpilot.

It's a bloody minefield, though - it doesn't help that google, e bay and amazon aren't motivated to make their shopping services safer for users. I don't blame my ageing parents for being suspicious of online shopping one bit.

advertisement

Back