advertisement

Connectors

mcai7et2

pfm Member
I am sure everyone here knows about Naim and DIN connectors; I am about to replace the connectors on my CD player with shiny new ones and I am contemplating my options, do I go for RCA plugs and be predictable (and cheap! I already have a decent RCA interconnect, but I might need to get Bullet connectors, just to see what the fuss is about), DIN plugs (and shell out for a NAIM Interconnect or something from Flashback) or should I just be obtuse and go for BNCs (and reterminate my Cobra 2)?

Also, are there any benefits to different types of RCA socket? I know there are a hundred people on AudioAsylum who will swear blind that a £10 Cardas (or something) connector is a life changing experience, but I am a naturally cynical soul and have spent too much time in Scotland to spend that much money on a small piece of copper.

Cheers,

Ed

Go for a din connector.

Makes a lot of sense if you consider an interconnect wire to be 'balanced' rather than 'signal&earth'.
All the interconnects in a 'properly' star earthed system are going to be behaving in a semi-balanced manner.

Consider a RCA plug/spcket combo: In one conductor, you have a reasonably sized pin, in the other you have a dirty girt lump of metal.
In a din connector, the 'signal' and 'earth' lines run through pins of the same size.

Well, it might be bs, but it makes sense to me....

Jim.

advertisement

Back