advertisement

Connecting Speaker Cable With Spring Clips

Dodeth

pfm Member
I’ve bought a pair of Celestion Ditton 110 speakers for £10 from someone living locally. To be honest, I don’t need them, but was curious as to how they would look and sound (and £10 hardly buys a couple of pints these days!). They are actually in pretty good condition given they were kept in his loft for several years. However, the spring clips have tiny holes through which you are supposed to poke the speaker cables, and I don’t have any speaker cables with such a small diameter. First time I’ve come across this type of connection and was wondering whether anyone can suggest a better way of connecting them.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
There are basically three things you can do. Solder copper pins to the ends of your speaker cables, buy commercial cable plugs which to essentially the same thing or fit proper 4mm sockets to the speakers. A friend of mine bought a pair of old Celestion speakers and I did the latter as it's by far the most satisfactory solution.

advertisement

Back