advertisement

Connecting NAC62 to NAP150x

Njb

pfm Member
I am changing my old Naim gear to something newer. Can I connect a 1988 NAC62 to a newish NAP150x. The 62 has the old latching type connection for the interconnect to the power amp, while the 150x looks to have a newer style connection. Will be saving for a 122x preamp, but don't want to miss out on my tunes whilst I do. Perhaps I will need to get a bespoke connection lead from flashback or somewhere similar. Any thoughts?

Yes you can albeit the dins have changed from latching to locking.

I'll look in my bag, I may have one that has one end with latch and one lock.

Configuration is the same as it ever was.

you can connect a latching DIN plug to a locking inlet and vice versa; also, a Flashback Premier IC would be better sounding on your later (i.e. when the 122x swap's done) all-black gear than the ol' Naim grey one

NO problem using the latching and locking in different sockets . I also used a cb 62 with a 150 for a while and sounded very good only changed to 122x to get remote function

I am changing my old Naim gear to something newer. Can I connect a 1988 NAC62 to a newish NAP150x. The 62 has the old latching type connection for the interconnect to the power amp, while the 150x looks to have a newer style connection. Will be saving for a 122x preamp,

Consider the 122 twice, IMO a 62 is better except no remote control

I would save the cash for a dual railed Snaps PSU

Try one of our cables - I'll happily make the ends up with locking and/or latching DINs as required.

Thanks for the advice. So, if I get this right, no new cable is essential. The 62 might be just as good as a 122. So, hope my ears are correct in saying that the 150x is far better than my old NAP90. Oh, and I will need to get a better interconnect made up once this is all done and dusted.

Thanks for the advice. So, if I get this right, no new cable is essential. The 62 might be just as good as a 122. So, hope my ears are correct in saying that the 150x is far better than my old NAP90. Oh, and I will need to get a better interconnect made up once this is all done and dusted.

The old CB/Olive series holds its own against the newer reference range (I think my current 72 is as good as my 282 was, if not better). I remember a dealer (Phonography in Ringwood, now gone I beleive) saying that he wasn't going to stock the Reference series because he considered no improvement, musically, over the previous Olive range.

advertisement

Back