Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Quad 6-series stack

Discussion in 'Interesting eBay auctions' started by Tony L, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

2. sideshowbob

sideshowbob 47 Lab Rat

They look much less ugly as a set than they do individually, that's for sure

3. sideshowbob

sideshowbob 47 Lab Rat

That's a bloody good price too

4. robbyd

robbyd pfm Member

Is it really?

5. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

I’d say so, yes. If they sold the components individually chances are they’d make more. All are desirable. Would be shame to break up a set though. I’ve never heard any of it myself, but the 606-2 and CD player are very well regarded, as is the preamp, I’ve read many suggest it is a better sounding unit than the 34 with a better phono stage, and whilst arguably less desirable these days thanks to streaming the tuner is going to be really nice and is very seldom seen. Add to that the system remote and it’s not a bad deal. I’ve not gone through the pictures or description with a fine tooth comb, e.g. no idea if its boxed, ever been Quad serviced (both add value), but it doesn’t look bad. The 606-2 is basically a UK-made 909, so a nice chunky current dumping power amp.

6. robbyd

robbyd pfm Member

Ok fair enough. I figured the power/pre at around 650.00-700.00; nobody wants a tuner these days (don't include myself there), which leaves a cd player when everyone's streaming (what's that?!). Maybe for collectors rather than practical usage?

7. Tony L

Tony L Administrator

Many of us aren’t streaming and have no intention of doing so. Vinyl and CD all the way here, with a quick check on YouTube to decide what to buy!

8. Rug Doc

Rug Doc pfm Member

Very cool.

9. sideshowbob

sideshowbob 47 Lab Rat

I have about 7000 CDs. My player still gets a lot of use.

10. calorgas

calorgas Ratty bumpkin

Hot on the heals of that lot, here's a complete 77 / 707 system in great nick: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16509503...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

Don't agree with the sellers assertion about never having been opened or used before as the 707 has signs of dust and use plus it's all clearly in boxes from the later 99 & QSP series, but still looks to be in excellent condition and the starting price is very low. Wonder what they'll go for.