advertisement

Commonwealth Games.

Weekender

pfm Member
Hugely entertaining Rugby 7s game between Fiji and NZ.

Couple of big crashes in the Track Cycling but thankfully not really serious. Fingers crossed.

Swimming was excellent last night ..they really rattle through the program.

Yes that's bad...hopefully not as bad as it could be if you know what I mean...both riders conscious from what I've read. This just in:
"A Team England spokesperson said Walls was "all right" and that it could have been much worse."

fantastic opening ceremony , we glimpsed a small sight of the Red Arrows flypast as they flew past our window . the celebration of automobile history was just superb

Famous last words from Chris Hoy who was only saying on commentary yesterday that velodrome crashes were so rare that we needn't worry about them.

Famous last words from Chris Hoy who was only saying on commentary yesterday that velodrome crashes were so rare that we needn't worry about them.
Commentator's Curse.
Still made a valid point about training accidents on the roads being far more common.

I'm loving the Commonwealth games. My main sport these days (70) is Lawn Bowls and as this isn't an Olympic sport the Commonwealth games is the peak of World bowls. iPlayer coverage is excellent. I would recommend bowls as a sport very popular with golfers and former cricketeers.

I'm loving the Commonwealth games. My main sport these days (70) is Lawn Bowls and as this isn't an Olympic sport the Commonwealth games is the peak of World bowls. iPlayer coverage is excellent. I would recommend bowls as a sport very popular with golfers and former cricketeers.
The bowls is really entertaining...we always used to play bowls on the beach with our kids.

advertisement

Back