advertisement

Coltrane on composer of the week R3

docstocker

pfm Member
I’m not sure if this is of interest to anyone but Composer of the week on R3 12.00-13.00 is John Coltrane
Doesn’t rock my boat and I suspect true aficionados know everything already.
But may be of interest to a few and available on i player

It took me a few decades to get into the Coltrane thing. It always seemed like a bit of a cult.
Only recently have I got into his style of playing so thanks for that. I will download it.

Fascinating thanks. I started with Expression back in the late '60s. Then later went back to his earlier work losing interested at about 1959.. For me the BBC program confirms my choice with excellent anecdotes.

Yes, I caught this I had to eat lunch in my car! What a most enjoyable lunch it was as well - I mainly play Sanders, but was reminded just how good the interplay between sax, drum and bass could be. !

I listened to some of it, the music was extraordinary, amazing and I only listen to an old radio in the van.

Don't know who the 'expert' was but he was brilliant at explaining a Love Supreme.

For me Coltrane is the greatest ever.

I’m not sure if this is of interest to anyone but Composer of the week on R3 12.00-13.00 is John Coltrane
Doesn’t rock my boat and I suspect true aficionados know everything already.
But may be of interest to a few and available on i player
Thanks so much for posting this - I don't normally listen to radio, so would have missed this
I listened back in one long session and was rally impressed, especially around how much equal billing they gave to Alice. I have pretty much everything they played, but hearing it laid out and described so well was a real pleasure

advertisement

Back