advertisement

Coloured vinyl. What you got?

And the winner is............... "Disguise in Love" by John Cooper Clarke Not only is it bright orange but it is oddly triangular as well :)

Nice one billo. I've got that somewhere, can't find it right now, but I did find my copy of JCC's "Walking Back to Happiness", 10" clear vinyl :)

Albums-
The Beatles 1967-70 , blue vinyl (belongs to my wife)
American Football ,2, orange
Bruce Springsteen , Chapter and Verse, tortoiseshell
12" singles/EPs
Stones, Miss you , pink
Ramones, Don't come close, yellow
The Skids, Wide open, red
Television, Prove it, green
Owen, Other peoples songs , clear
7" singles
The Damned, One way love, pink
The Skids, Sweet suburbia, white
After the fire, One rule for you ,red (don't remember them)
Deerhoof with Jeff Tweedy, Behold Jeff Tweedy in the darkness, pink

I enjoyed that rummage, didn't realise I had so many Wah/Wah Heat and Style Council singles ! and a Kate Bush live ep I don't remember buying.

One nice oddity I have is The Bluebells Cath 10” single on blue vinyl. In the shape of a bluebell.

The oddest I have single wise is CSS Lets Make Love And Listen To Death From Above on a bright red square 8” single.

Who has the oldest coloured vinyl here? Some 50s Fantasy label jazz was on red vinyl, I saw one in a quid bin ages ago, but it was so trashed I left it there. RCA had colour-coded 7” singles for a while too back in the 50s, each genre had their own colour.

PS I’m letting the side down here, I think my oldest is Television’s Prove It 12” on green vinyl (1977).

Ah, that reminds me, I’ve got The Residents Eskimo on white vinyl... how could I forget that one?!

Mine is transparent amber.

Never even heard of that one! Mine is the UK first issue with ‘butterfly’ Elektra label. Everyone overlooks it in favour of Marquee Moon, but its a decent album too IMO.

Never even heard of that one! Mine is the UK first issue with ‘butterfly’ Elektra label. Everyone overlooks it in favour of Marquee Moon, but its a decent album too IMO.

Mine is a reissue of recent vintage, I think it's from shitty 4 Men With Beards, everyone's least favorite re-issue label.

I've got a few, off the top of my head...

Porcupine Tree - In Absentia in blue.
Porcupine Tree - Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape (yellow)
Caravan - Land of Grey and Pink. Re-issue on splattered grey and pink vinyl.

Most recent...
Chameleons - Why Call It Anything (one disc blue, the other orange).

s-l300.jpg

Bill Nelson certainly wins the prize for least harmonious label/vinyl colour combo.

advertisement

Back