advertisement

Collectaholics BBC2 and on the iPlayer now

seagull

Seabird flavour member
We are both working from home today. Mrs S is beavering away on her laptop with the TV on for company (I work in 'office' i.e. the spare bedroom). I went downstairs and made us both a cup of tea. Mrs S asked me to change the program as she didn't like what was on. So I took the remote and found a program called Collectaholics on BBC2 which was just up her street. She does have small collections of various things (seaside memorabilia, decorative plates, gin bottles etc.). The program was part way through and they were talking with an old drummer who had a collection of drums which piqued my interest. Then, when I had went back in to give Mrs S her mug of tea a different collector was being interviewed...

From the iPlayer site...

"...
Finally, Jasmine meets a man who had gone to extreme lengths to house his vast collection of CDs. Roy has not only filled his flat, but has bought six adjacent flats and filled them too. Jasmine visits this maze of CDs to try and find out what drives him to collect in this extreme way. Spending £150 a day on CDs, he has four people help curate his collection - but neither he nor they have any idea why he does it!"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05qt8wq

Recommended for anyone whose other half has complained that you have too many records/cds etc.

advertisement

Back