advertisement

Coincidence?

Weiss-Man

pfm Member
Just been having a chat with a customer about camper vans, he duly leaves, I click onto pinkfish, and what is in the advertisement banner at the top of the screen, camper vans!!!

Yep, I was at a friends house a couple of weeks ago snd they had just bought an Ooni Pizza oven. I now constantly get adverts on PFM for Ooni Pizza ovens. I’ve never searched online for them so someone has been listening ……

Like you I find It a bit scary but it's inevitable given AI and the fact that his is a free site and needs funds in order to exist. The alternative would require subscription only access.

Coincidence / browsing history?
Top of page I currently have KiwiCo: delivering hands-on learning for kids. Don't have any youngsters.
Bottom of page I have Royal Canin, don't have a cat....
No, I didn't put 'pussy' into Google either so there!

Snowden spilt the beans on this. Apple, Microsoft and all the rest of them provide exhaustive data to government and do not tell their customers. We are beyond 1984. Only the Amish are free.

This is highly unlikely to be your phone listening to you via the microphone. However, your phone might be telling data brokers/advertisers who you have been physically close to (bluetooth contact). If your customer is currently interested in Camper vans, then I'd guess the advertisers think it's worth trying their wares on you, too.

I’m getting Caroline Wozniacki baby bibs and dummies.

And before anyone says it, no, the wife is 66!

they do listen all the time!.. remember an iPhone is always listening out for “Hey Siri” and always reacts instantaneously.
There's a separate low-power chip (or part thereof) that listens for whatever "wake word" the device uses. When this is detected, the main CPU is fired up to process the following audio.

There's a separate low-power chip (or part thereof) that listens for whatever "wake word" the device uses. When this is detected, the main CPU is fired up to process the following audio.

Is this fact or what they tell us? lol

This is getting stranger and stranger, just mentioned to a customer what motorbike I have, click on pinkfish (think you know where this is going) and there in the advertisement banner is a local dealer who sells them!!! :confused:

advertisement

Back