advertisement

Cocaine submarine

I'm amazed at the depths some people can sink.:D

I've just read that the cannabis liberalisation programs in Canada are failing; mainly because legal dope costs more that black market dope. Something went wrong there, it appears.
Black marketeers had to drop their price perhaps? Folk growing their own more 'cos the cops don't enforce as readily?

Last edited:
I'm amazed at the depths some people can sink.:D
I've just read that the cannabis liberalisation programs in Canada are failing; mainly because legal dope costs more that black market dope. Something went wrong there, it appears.

Can't they grow their own?

It's a simple crop to grow, even in Canada a small greenhouse would do you a decent annual supply.

Can't they grow their own?

It's a simple crop to grow, even in Canada a small greenhouse would do you a decent annual supply.

My brother used to do that - confused my parents no end "Clive`s Tomato plants with the funny leaves never seem to produce any Tomatoes".

I bet the annual Galician Police Xmas ball will be a hoot this year.

Or should that be a 'toot'?

My brother used to do that - confused my parents no end "Clive`s Tomato plants with the funny leaves never seem to produce any Tomatoes".
A girlfriend in my youth was neighbour to 2 lads who started growing "decorative plants" in an elderly neighbour's greenhouse. She was delighted that these "such nice boys" were taking an interest in gardening. That was until her neighbour, a copper, looked over the fence and recognised what they were. A quiet word was had, the plants destroyed and the lads no longer grew decorative plants.

i wasn't thinking of canada.

in any case, crime and addiction are not serious issues with cannabis.

I used to grow it. I managed 20 oz off my one plant once. A group of us took the process quite seriously and we were very competitive, eventually returning to soil growing for a lower, easier yield but higher quality smoke. Hard to know what to do with 20ozwhen you have that much. I was only getting through about 4 Oz per year.

I managed 20 oz off my one plant once.

That plant must have been the size of a forest pine tree ! Mind you, I doubt that 20 oz was cleaned weight. One can buy a variety of seeds, even here in Norwich ('Heads in the Clouds') and a couple of these varieties are short but prolific plants; 2 feet high max. Easy to strew around a garden or allotment, I'd guess.

6' high and about 5' wide, it needed the small bedroom to itself and I had to hoist the top bananas up with string attached to the light supports or they would collapse. Carbon extractor fan straight up the fireplace chimney. 2 X 400 watt sodium bulbs.

Ah, the good old days.

Black Market and Weed in Canukistan.

Yes, BM prices have fallen in response to the legal stuff.

Legal weed can be upto $12.00 a gram, it varies where you are, starting from about $6.00. One major problem in availability. In Ontario, you have a Population of 14.5 million spread over an area 4 times the size of the entire UK and it is serviced by 25 retail outlets. Or you can order online, but then you need access to both a computer and a credit card. With no CC, no weed. As it is setup now, it is government weed for the middle and upper classes and the local dealer for everybody else. Then you have the issue of quality and availability, lets just say that the legal stuff is getting there, slowly. It is a crapshoot as to if you get nice nugs, or stragley bad trim that should have made hash or oil.

Local dealer will sell you a quarter ounce (7grams) for 40.00 and usually give you a small discount for the more you buy. They are a phone call and 10 minutes away and they take cash, cash and only cash, so no computer or CC required.

About the only thing that is a positive about the legal retail market is the availability of different strains, knowing what the THC and CBD content is and having an idea on what the effects may be, (assuming you can get any, and they don't screw up as they seem to be wont to do far to often if news and rumour are to be believed) as opposed to the local dealer who probably has a single strain or maybe two or three, but they may or may not really know what it is depending upon if they grow or source from wherever... I got bargain, mids and wheelchair, how much you wanna spend?

Since my accidents and TBI, I have been a medial user (Dr. prescription) to help with the chronic migraine. It does not take it away, but does suppress it enough to greatly increase my quality of life. Much better stoned and functional then bed-bound. As I need to balance the THC and CBD ratio and amount if I want maximum benefit I have to go legal or to one of the "grey market" online sites that work with a select number of growers and test and publish results.

Strange that the grey market sites can provide a better service, higher quality product, with far far less packaging at the same or better cost than the fully legal provincial site. (and yes they collect sales tax)

Still, overall, the sky has not fallen and what it comes down to is the people that smoke/vape/munch now do it legally, and the people who don't still don't. No real shift in consumption demographics

In my opinion, the Black/Grey market will never disappear. The best they can hope to do is the same they do with smokes and booze, try to keep the cost premium low enough that Joe Punter will choose to stay legal. However that breaks down more the further towards the bottom of the economic ladder you fall. Poor people will always go to the Reservation for smokes and booze and the local dealer for weed as they can not afford to do otherwise.

Just my opinion and it is worth what you paid for it.

'bargain, mids and wheelchair'. That's going into the bank of phrases :D

I'm surprised how much you have to pay over there, but glad for you that you at least no longer have the fear of being caught. And that it's helping you.

Is it feasible for you to grow some yourself?

Ah, this is fast becoming a weed thread :cool:

advertisement

Back