advertisement

Clever and fun loving departed audio contributors

Another shout for Richard Dunn. He was an absolute riot, but an interesting character. I have a little soft spot for the NVA AP10P.

S.

I met "Doc" a few times at his home (change "phono 2" from MC to MM, that sort of thing).
Helpful, funny and charming chap in person.

In no way meant as being disrespectful to Richard; I think that the reason for his different persona in person and on the internet was possibly due to his being on the autistic spectrum (hasten to add I have no medical background, just I have had experience of quite a few people on the spectrum from my years in education).
Anyway, lovely bloke in person, and I miss him.

I met "Doc" a few times at his home (change "phono 2" from MC to MM, that sort of thing).
Helpful, funny and charming chap in person.

In no way meant as being disrespectful to Richard; I think that the reason for his different persona in person and on the internet was possibly due to his being on the autistic spectrum (hasten to add I have no medical background, just I have had experience of quite a few people on the spectrum from my years in education).
Anyway, lovely bloke in person, and I miss him.

DITTO

My opinion of Richard Dunn was that he was a guy who knew what he was doing and was not afraid to tell anybody who would listen. This lead to some “friction” especially on hifi fora where it is so easy to misinterpret or have an agenda.
I had the pleasure of visiting NVA towers on several occasions. Richard himself was a charming man and most importantly, always ready to embrace new ideas and new thinking. He followed his own path. Hifi needs more people like Richard.

A big shout out to Derek Jenkins. Music lover first, bit of a musician second, was always smiling and a pleasure to spend time with. He also knew something about turntables.

A.C.Magnum Ltd was formed and our first project were RroAC Magnum amps, with a lovely man I knew as Paul Tyler of ProAC now gone sadly a good mentor.
Magnum moved on and stood on it own two feet it was review and by another friend Malcolm Stewart. .
One of my best memories of 1980s hifi was the Magnum IA125 I bought, 9 months old, as part of a system including an LP12/Ittok of the same age - loved the amp until I was persuaded (!) to go down the Naim route with a 42/110. The IA125 was sumptuous so thanks.

Allen Boothroyd (meridian)
Amar Gopal Bose (bose)
I don’t know how I forgot Allen Boothroyd, I’m a long term fan of his design/products, I’ve had some 500 series stuff in the house for a good few years, not just nice to listen to, but nice to see and touch too.

A big shout out to Derek Jenkins. Music lover first, bit of a musician second, was always smiling and a pleasure to spend time with. He also knew something about turntables.

I think he was the one behind the development of the Tiger Paw Khan LP12 top plate, fixings and cross brace.

advertisement

Back