advertisement

Clever and fun loving departed audio contributors

Bob was a lovely man. I can’t believe I forgot him! I didn’t really call on him for long enough to get to know him truly but I used to love his tales of Spookytooth.
He was just incredibly personable, could talk for hours… he also taught me to appreciate the music more than the recording, listening to albums with him, he’d often be in his element listening to some of the more ropey recordings, a good reminder to listen to the music rather than the technical detail. I miss him.

Richard Ross, designed Rogers speakers until circa 1990. I went to his funeral. One of the nicest guys I have ever met. When we moved in next door, he brought around a pair of Chartwell PM410 as a welcome present!

Edit: Subito beat me too it!

Thanks for the info I got involved with Roger's when Mike O'Brien owned it in the late 1980's

Julian Vereker.
Yep we chatted at some show but I met him at Penta he stood on my foot and said sorry, nice guy.

Yes poor Richard Dunn he was alright, he had a hard life in audio, you either hated him or like, he will be remembered with respect.
Met him first when I did Magnum and the again with Inca Tech, at Howard Popepeck,s shop in Camden, I am sorry to say I could not go to his funeral I was unwell again, bloody silly ticker, need news spring.

Is Michael no longer with us? He used to regale me with stories of his driving adventures in his Aston Martin.

Not sure he always over fed me and made me laugh. His shop in Wimbledon is still open but under new owners, from China I think. The man who worked there Big Kieth and what a beard was another good guy.

Is Michael no longer with us? He used to regale me with stories of his driving adventures in his Aston Martin.
I haven't seen him in years. Last time I bumped into him was at the Bristol Show around 10 years ago
I could also tell a story involving his Aston Martin but better keep it private lol.

Not sure he always over fed me and made me laugh. His shop in Wimbledon is still open but under new owners, from China I think. The man who worked there Big Kieth and what a beard was another good guy.
Last time I went to Durham Road he was there but his son Mark then took over.
Don't think they sold out. Always known as the demo room for Absolute Sounds next door!

advertisement

Back