advertisement

Classy stuff on YouTube

Uncle Ants

I'm a Shop Keeper
Only just discovered YouTube, but there is some seriously classy stuff on there. Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_9fFL2dmZU

The Jam's last ever telly appearance on the tube.

Setlist - Ghosts, In the Crowd, Town Called Malice, The Modern World, Move on Up, The Great Depression, Beat Surrender, Precious

and some kind soul has uploaded the whole lot for our pleasure.

YouTube really is a great resource - enjoy it while you can. I can't imagine the lawyers will let this go on too long

Cor, the Tube. Could it really have been that long ago...
Excellent stuff, thanks for that UA.

Its good isn't it. Its a real goldmine. I found that rather than thinking in terms of band names - thinking in terms of old pop telly shows (American too) brings up whole lists of stuff.

So if you are a sixties fanatic do searches on shindig, top of the pops, beat club or if you like your classic sixties pop leavened with wild go go dancing Hullabaloo. Its really quite amazing what's on here.

Uncle Ants, you need to get the first 3 Neu! LPs (Neu!, Neu! 2, Neu! 75). They're classics.

-- Ian

Uncle Ants said:
Only just discovered YouTube, but there is some seriously classy stuff on there. Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_9fFL2dmZU

The Jam's last ever telly appearance on the tube.

Setlist - Ghosts, In the Crowd, Town Called Malice, The Modern World, Move on Up, The Great Depression, Beat Surrender, Precious

and some kind soul has uploaded the whole lot for our pleasure.

YouTube really is a great resource - enjoy it while you can. I can't imagine the lawyers will let this go on too long

That version of Move On Up is fecking brilliant! What a band.

Cheers

Rich

RickyC6 said:
That version of Move On Up is fecking brilliant! What a band.

Cheers

Rich
I remember watching that the first time round - I'd always thought The Jam had the dynamics but where musically dull until I saw this. Pity the RnB influence turned into wishy washy white soul.

Indeed - some early Style Council was actually quite promising (Moneygoround particularly) but it lacked direction - bit of jazzy tinged stuff here, bit of soul there etc......

Might have to dig out The Gift tonight for a spin.

Cheers

Rich

advertisement

Back