advertisement

Classical Bargain Box Sets

I listen to other genres and sometimes contribute to the general music forum. But I'm unlikely to be looking for non-classical box sets. If people object to a separate thread for classical box-sets, then why are they content to have a separate classical forum? Surely that's more of a barrier to expanding discovery across genres?

Not that I'm advocating it. I'd prefer it to be separate.

If people object to a separate thread for classical box-sets, then why are they content to have a separate classical forum? Surely that's more of a barrier to expanding discovery across genres?

Yep, I agree with that argument. I just like some music and putting it into categories confuses me....

If people object to a separate thread for classical box-sets, then why are they content to have a separate classical forum? Surely that's more of a barrier to expanding discovery across genres?

Good point. Definitely a separate "Classical" thread is desirable, and the BBS thread is just a subset of this.

Deutsche Harmonia Mundi has a 100 CD box set coming out next month. Amazon Germany currently has it on pre-order at €99,99. Amazon UK has the set up, but no price or availability yet.

Amazon Germany link

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Anyone got this?

Not in that guise - I have the 144 disc complete recordings box which I picked up for about $101.00 about four years ago - I mention it only because I sort of kick myself for only buying one when I could have bought several and sold the extras later at higher prices.

The performances in the box you cite vary. The late career LvB with Barenboim is okay (the Sony folks should have included the superior cycle with Krips), but the rest is generally excellent and worth the outlay.

The newest Beethoven sonata cycle to hit the market. Under 20 pounds new.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back