advertisement

Classical Bargain Box Sets

I don't know if the same offers appear in the UK, but ClassicSelectWorld offers free downloads, with new titles appearing weekly. This week's new one is Dennis Russell Davies conducting the Eroica. Sometimes some of their large Bix Boxes and Little Big Boxes show up. Some of the sets are pretty good. If the KLR trio box appears, I say jump. I had to pay the princely sum of $0.99 for it, and even at that rate it was a screaming steal.

https://www.classicselectworld.com/collections/free-downloads

Building a Record Library on Radio 3 this morning chose Neemi Jarvi as the Beethoven symphony 8 to have. I liked it, so headed to Amazon to find his complete Beethoven symphonies for £8.75! Ordered
However in the time to post the link it’s jumped to £20. Someone at Amazon paying attention?
Incidently, it’s getting increasingly hard to buy anything at Amazon without signing up to Prime. Today was the first time I failed to avoid signing up. No amount of ‘no thanks’ and ‘change choices’ could shake them. I’ll cancel (I hope) when the CDs arrive.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Bargain Schubert.
Presto have a 7 CD set of all Schubert string quartets for £13.24 (half normal price) by the Diogenes Quartet. I bought it at the earlier price which I considered excellent value but at this price it’s a steal. Worth it for the late quartets alone. The much earlier ones are not in the same league, but worth hearing for sure.

Such an odd choice of name for a quartet, I had to look them up! :)

The 16 CD box set of Cecile Ousset's 'Warner' (EMI Classics) recordings has just arrived here. Not bad for <£31 and I'm really looking forward to many new (to me) interpretations of familiar music over the next week or two.

The Dover Quartet's complete LvB string quartet cycle is available as a downloa from Presto for $13 in the US. No idea if it is similarly cheap in other markets. I got mine.

Harnoncourt Mozart 15 CD box of Symphonies, Serenades and Overtures. Very muscular this is no chocolate box

A bargain.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Supraphononline has multiple Sony classical box sets available for download for 199 CZK each. (That's around $8 or £7, I guess.) One example is linked below, the complete Reiner in Chicago box.

advertisement

Back