advertisement

Classical Bargain Box Sets

Just recently cut by 20% on Amaz0n, now £17.78 for top class performances and exemplary recording quality. All 9 symphonies and the 3 concertos too. Weilerstein’s performance of the Cello Concerto is particularly good. All told, a steal at this price.
714QSg-Ka5L._AC_SX679_.jpg

Amazon link to above.

PS pfm makes some finance out of Amazon sales, so please add links, pictures don’t generate anything!

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I hate this site.

Amazon UK decided to ban shipping to NZ many years ago and now all you peeps do is torment me with all the great bargains I can't get! ;)

Just received the complete Ring by Karajan - £32 from Amazon! Quite how amazing that price is was underlined by getting out the Keilberth for comparison which I bought when it came out. It still had the HMV sticker - a pretty good deal at the time, £39 down from £55, just for Die Walkure. First listen to the Karajan is encouraging, with good sound although the wide dynamic range means the remote needs to be at hand. Interesting choice of singers, I had never expected Gundula Janowitz (who I like) in Wagner.

Only £29 today..... I have the Walkure from that set but tbh IMO although it has lots of good bits, it's not on same level as Solti or Bohm, or even Barenboim for dramatic power and involvement overall.

advertisement

Back