advertisement

Classic Records

Spike

pfm Member
Hi

I'm trying to get a copy of Who's Next on Classic Records in the UK. I cannot find anyone with this. Any one had any luck?

Cheers

Spike

Vivante will have some. Alternatively, if you're in the Midlands, Swordfish Records in Birmingham have a very good stock of all things Classic, Mo-Fi .....well, all things really.

Thanks Rich,

Wierd, I tried yesterday and the Classic Records recording didn't show up!!!

Cheers

Spike

Not cheap though is it? £26.90!

Cheers

Rich

PS Who keeps thinking of putting a big order in with Diverse but is too tight to actually do it!

Hi Rich

I'm off to Bermuda on Sunday but I have promised myself that I'll put in a big order when I get back. Most of the ones that I fancy are over £20!!!

Cheers

Spike

Spike said:
Hi

I'm trying to get a copy of Who's Next on Classic Records in the UK. I cannot find anyone with this. Any one had any luck?

Cheers

Spike

Try http://www.adagioplus.com/ if you are willing to import into the UK.

Adagio is the Canadian distributor for Classic and have a large stock consistently. I have purchased a large number of Lps from them but they are local for me. However, they also ship internationally.

Classic Record's Who's Next lists for $37.99CAN but that's well under 20 UKP.

Hope this helps,

I'm holding mine now - if you'll pardon the expression - although it's not Classic Records, it's Polydor "deluxe edition" 076 0176-1 with Decca on the labels in unusual livery. What's the difference between the two versions?

Paul

Hi Paul

Its been remastered and is supposed to be excellent. It was reviewed in this months Hifi+.

cheers

Graham

Spike said:
Thanks Rich,

Wierd, I tried yesterday and the Classic Records recording didn't show up!!!

Cheers

Spike

If you referring to the Vivante web site then I'm not surprised. Their search engine and cataloging are appalling! A major dissapointment from an otherwise superb mail order company. Let's hope they rectify these issues soon.

There have been a few audiophile grade remasters of this landmark album. I have an MCA Heavy Vinyl 180gm version at home and it's good enough to not make me want to order the Classic Records version.

Best regards,
Mole Man

Paul,

What's the quality of your "Deluxe edition" like?
I'm on my second version. The first one had a badly warped disc one (the original album) and had terrible surface noise on Baba O'Reilly. The replacement has a slightly wobbly disc one, and the surface noise is there but only bad for the first thirty seconds of side one.
I'm not sure whether to try a third copy, or give up and get the Classis version, but I do like some of the extra material on the Deluxe.

advertisement

Back