advertisement

Classic prog track finally comes home...Ritual/Humble Decision

madmike

I feel much better now, I really do...
I heard this track on Stellar Attraction many moons ago in the days when I would record an hour or so off air and then play back in the car on my portable minidisc. I just loved it but never knew who it was or what it was called. I might have enquired round these parts in fact but through the lyrics narrowed it down to the group Ritual and a the track entitled Humble decision. Never bought the cd because then it was rather expensive just for one track.
It all came to me again last week while I was at home off sick and it just popped back into my head. Being of a certain age I had to go through the whole process again to find out who and what it was. This time I bit the bullet and ordered the cd on Amazon. Its still quite a rarity. Looking forward to hearing the rest of the Ritual ouvre...
Humble Decision is a lovely neo prog track with all the dramatic and heavy tron based lyricism you could want in a 4 minute piece. I hope the rest of the cd is as good.....

Soup is another really good prog band from Norway.
I've been listening to 'Remedies' over the last few days and very good it is too.
I think you recommended it on another thread so thanks for that.:)

I've been listening to 'Remedies' over the last few days and very good it is too.
I think you recommended it on another thread so thanks for that.:)
Yeah I came to them late in the day because of Remedies.
Missed out on some vinyl but managed to get Remedies and two others all came with CDs so very happy.
Very very good fast service from Strickland Records in Germany.
This double vinyl album
91Nosg7YOrL._AC_SX425_PJautoripBadge,BottomRight,4,-40_OU11__.jpg

https://soupsound.bandcamp.com/album/the-beauty-of-our-youth#https://f4.
was signed by the band and I wasn't expecting that.
71DMqLSfs9L._AC_SY355_.jpg

This is a excellent live album that's been getting lots of play here since it arrived both on vinyl and CD.
It's a quality album with all the shite live noise gone so it just flows.

Great guys...always good to try new prog, especially Norwegian....

advertisement

Back