Wanted - interesting class D amplifier.

Not a cheap chip amp.
Lots of power wouldn't do any harm.

Integrated or power amp.

No more than a few hundred £.

What you got?
Offers by PM preferred

Lovely robust,
The buzz is not a problem, its Speakers Impedance Detection...

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Lovely robust,
The buzz is not a problem, its Speakers Impedance Detection...
Thanks, but I have a Cyrus ONE already. Probably not greatly different from the HD version.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Give this extron a go Jerry

I bet it would be excellent.

Give this extron a go Jerry

I bet it would be excellent.
Thanks Jake.

It's not immediately clear to me how I'd sort the input cabling! Not an RCA input socket in sight. :confused:

Jerry, not a response to your specific question, but as you are a box swapper something like this might appeal to you as you can A/B input swap on demand so could easily and instantly flip from one source to another.

I realise it may flavour the amp or speaker sound and ultimately may (negatively) effect the sound. Plus the VU meters are for show really, but for directly and instantly comparing two amps...

There was a group buy of some class D amps on here a few weeks ago, the seller was making up the last of his boards with some nice cases. He had a couple left last time I looked but I can't seem to find the FS thread.

There was a group buy of some class D amps on here a few weeks ago, the seller was making up the last of his boards with some nice cases. He had a couple left last time I looked but I can't seem to find the FS thread.

Thanks for that Lawrence and twotone.

Last year I had an Audiophonics S250NC amp based on an Ncore NC252MP Hypex module that I guess would be quite similar?

Also I prefer to buy used, as nothing stays particularly long here!

This thread has made me do a bit of a review of my class D experiences.

I feel I've already covered Hypex NCore.
That tech supplanted the Hypex UcD modules, I think. Although I'm not sure that improved spec necessarily means improved sound.
And a lot depends on the power supply, I'm sure.

Maybe I should reassess my budget and keep an eye out for a used Eigentakt amp?

I'll see what comes along. :)

Yesterday I dug out a TPA3116 chip amp, hooked it up to a 19V linear psu, and I have to confess it is sounding very good!

Last edited:
I think I've decided that I've actually already covered most of the bases in my class D journey, I'm going to wait for a used Eigentakt amp to come along. 🤔

Thanks for all of the responses here.

this looks special maybe ?

Thanks Phil, but it's sold and probably more than I want to spend anyway!

advertisement

Back