advertisement

The All-Purpose Antisocial Justice Worriers releases thread

Sitting on Bandcamp agonising on what's a non stingy price before I ask for a signed copy, maybe I could just pick it up from a gig (when's the next one?) as posting it to EH14 would just be a waste of lot's of things including time!

tumblr_p2q49bsaLY1wa7uwno1_500.gif

All of it... aaaalllll of ittttttt

PS Next Gig seems to be DIY Space for London on December 12th. Fundraiser for Mermaids.

Ha, shipping included, seriously, you can keep that and if there's a gig coming up in Edinburgh, I'll just pick it up!

I’m trying to get me one of those promoter/manager/plague doctor people to get me support slots, it’s pretty tough finding gigs until you release a record so this is now complete I have something to show for it... so hopefully Edinburgh soon... I’m having to do everything myself at the moment and it’s really a full time jorb. I shall post it like everyone else. I might never get another gig in Edinburgh!

Just got my third email query about am I going to release a cassette tape... am considering a limited cassette EP, god it’s just like the old days.

I’m trying to get me one of those promoter/manager/plague doctor people to get me support slots, it’s pretty tough finding gigs until you release a record so this is now complete I have something to show for it... so hopefully Edinburgh soon... I’m having to do everything myself at the moment and it’s really a full time jorb. I shall post it like everyone else. I might never get another gig in Edinburgh!

Just got my third email query about am I going to release a cassette tape... am considering a limited cassette EP, god it’s just like the old days.

You seemed to manage to get Topper to drum on the first track! :)

The original inner sleeve design is possibly delayed as the artist is ill... I can always use the portrait I have planned for the next one and I have a backup. Some changes and tweaks to the credits, but this is the 95% complete inside sleeve. Typical designers you get them a 4-colour process and they barely use it.

EISbFK1WsAAeszc

EISnYCYWoAAfwGR

'Problem Child' has Fox with one 'x'. Thought I'd point it out in case it had slipped through unnoticed.

Thinking of buying a second (sealed) copy to keep in my pension fund pile next to my sealed first pressing Comet is Coming 'Prophecy' EP.

Nope it’s deliberately deliciously been ****ed up like that. Also, all of the others are Music & Lyrics, that one is Lyrics & Music.

In addition to downloaded cards for vinyl, someone said it might be nice to sell a slightly fancier download card preloaded with a code at the merch stall at gigs, eschew CD completely and have something for reviewers and such — it doesn’t cost much to reuse graphical assets (so I printed a 10” postcard at 75p each. Gives people the ‘cover art experience’ or something to stick on a fridge door or slip in their record collections (or just fling in the recycling) with a preloaded download code for access to all the lossless FLAC, MP3 and all the other formats you want. It’s a new idea for me, selling a card with an attached download code. Of course ppl can just download it direct but it might offer a halfway house to the ppl that like physical objects too.

preview
preview

I’ll be playing at the DIY space for London on election night, 12th December for Alotta Noise, an LGBT burlesque benefit for Mermaids (the charity that Graham Linehan the washed up ex comedian tried to defund — which spectacularly backfired) so I had 50 of these pushed out. See how this goes. I may even have the vinyl by then. Then I have a half-dozen tiny gigs in Edinburgh, Glasgow, the Bay Area, Santa Cruz, NYC and possibly Chicago. With Bristol and more Lunnun to follow. All support and small stuff, but it’s good to have something merchable to pay for a meal.

And the 8” cards are here... these are for selling downloads at gigs so that ppl have something physical to walk away with (download code, same deal as the card inserts into the vinyl) also press packs, interview slots, reviewer packs and giveaways... buy mostly for selling at gigs, it’s a whole new concept for me.

EJ7ctuqXUAAtPNJ

Looks like I might have a openener (way down the bottom but it’s a start) support slot with Therapy? next year. There’s legal stuff and management issue to sort out, I don’t have a manager, but that’s next. Plus working of this follow up already, it’s a slow old process and a bit of a treadmill DIY Music.

I’m also looking into 600dpi Risography for Zine publishing, no internet distribution, small run, cottage pamphlet printing for punk/queer/anarchist/furry bullshit. A publishing thing is starting.

Last edited:
Just waiting delivery for shipping around the 12th now. Mailers ordered and labels for self printing postage ordered.

The reviews are starting, thankfully positive: It made Last Night’s Friday Playlist at loudwomen.org, words like “brilliant” and “Four hard-hitting gender politics pop punk bangers – essential listening.” wafted across my pre coffee consciousness— which is nice. That’s gonna get stickered to the front.

Things I never find out until later is it’s been getting Airplay already: Alyx Plays Punk on Ray FM, Hoxton Radio and WZBC 90.3 — Boston College Radio.

I need a PR or a manager but no time for that. Next Live gig is the 12th in London. Hopefully have some vinyl for that day.

advertisement

Back