advertisement

The All-Purpose Antisocial Justice Worriers releases thread

I agree black, with interesting card art. Heavy vinyl too, for the feel even if not the listening. 12” 45RPM always was the way to go for EPs.

Numbered and signed would be a nice touch. I’ll definitely have one, just let us know how/when to send the monies.

I like a heavy record too. I know it doesn’t make a difference really, but it’s like a solidly built thing, it’s just satisfying. So that’s that, order is locked in. Black-heavy vinyl, 45 RPM, 12” x 20 minute 4 song DP&M Master with colour cover, 120gsm card inner sleeve for colour portrait art, lyric sheet, stickers, badges and download cards and coming in just a few quid over budget. I want a solid debut.

Last edited:
FWIW I think 140g is better than 180g, there is just far less chance of stitching, infill or warps IME. 180g was only ever marketing guff, and to my mind environmental waste for zero gain. All the best sounding records of the past are 140g, e.g. the wonderful Japanese pressings of the ‘70s, Decca SXLs, original Blue Notes, Impulse etc.

Secondly if you are cutting 10 minutes a side and care about sound quality go 12” rather than 10” as its worth at least a db or two in cut level/available dynamic range. I say this as someone who had Porky cut just 2:40 across a whole 12” side!

PS If you are doing a hard card printed inner make sure you specify a ‘groove guard’ profile to the vinyl, e.g. the run-in and label area are slightly raised. Much 180g vinyl is all but flat and you’ll get a lot of returns due to inevitable surface marks/scuffs from the inner. Card inners are just packaging failure to my mind, but I understand why people want them from an artistic perspective. Just try to mitigate the damage they inevitably cause the vinyl. Personally I’d prefer a poly inner and printed insert, postcard or whatever.

It’s 12” everything is locked in... but never ever talk to me about vinyl waste if you pressed 2:40 on 12”... That’s a huge yikes. But kinda magnificent nonetheless.

Next update when the product is in hand. I expect to not even break even and I’m good with that.

Last edited:
I lied. An update.

EHow8KzWwAIw-Wb

Helmut's Masters have blown me away. Gutsy and real voodoo black magic what Dubplates and Mastering are well known for.
Just signed off, lacquers now being made.

As it is now locked-in the 12" EP with digital download Mastered by Helmut Erler @ Dubplates & Mastering, Berlin has been uploaded as a solid buy it all but with an option to buy a 16/44.1 track. If you already bought the unmastered version, you will be able just to redownload it.

It’s 12” everything is locked in... but never ever talk to me about vinyl waste if you pressed 2:40 on 12”... That’s a huge yikes. But kinda magnificent nonetheless.

It was way, way back in 1988!

4117779738_4621ef75ab_c.jpg

The groove modulation still makes me giggle, you can almost read it!

Now the wait, everything is paid for and in hand. Woke up to my phone going insane. Apparently either A CBS news or NBC news affiliate used a snippet of my song “oh my god the cis are at it again” as “counterculture opposition to gender reveals” as part of a link to the cishets making a gender reveal shrapnel pipe bomb that killed a women story. Still tracking that down...

...really cis people, these gender reveals... it’s all pure cringe until someone loses an eye, or in this case a life.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...aused-accidental-death-at-gender-reveal-party

It’s probably applicable fair use. They can’t have used much as it’s so sweary. ASCAP protection was sent off last week (friend of mine is ex-Geffen & looking into it). think it’s 8 weeks to delivery, I have test pressings to approve, signed is possible but all the records are shrink wrapped prior to ship... preorders start on approval of test press.

Sad but fun factoid: in order to listen to my own record I need to adapt my TT’s PSU software to run at 45RPM.

starting work on the next one now

I think it’s 8 weeks to delivery, I have test pressings to approve, signed is possible but all the records are shrink wrapped prior to ship...
Unwrapped is fine with me, I can put the ten minutes I would normally spend desperately trying to bite a corner of the shrink wrap off, searching for my specs, then my scissors, wondering if I could work a way in with a fork etc. etc. making a coffee instead.

If I file it under Foxx it goes between Flaming Lips and Frankie Goes to Hollywood whereas filing under Antisocial Justice Warriors puts it between Laurie Anderson and Louis Armstrong. Do you have a preference?

It’s probably applicable fair use. They can’t have used much as it’s so sweary. ASCAP protection was sent off last week (friend of mine is ex-Geffen & looking into it). think it’s 8 weeks to delivery, I have test pressings to approve, signed is possible but all the records are shrink wrapped prior to ship... preorders start on approval of test press.

Sad but fun factoid: in order to listen to my own record I need to adapt my TT’s PSU software to run at 45RPM.

starting work on the next one now

Unwrapped and signed is absolutely fine and dandy, thanks!

How do we make payment?

Or do a Prince? File it under ⚧️?
Honestly anyway you like.

Ok. Early Vinyl preorders are up. December ship.

This is an early bird price. If you want it signed just add a note in the Message to the seller.
OK, I’ll put it in the randomly filed section (which to be honest is the biggest one.)

I’ve ordered and requested a sig. Have I got the lowest number given to Joe Public? (I’m excited!)

I swallowed hard when I saw the P&P, but that’s life...

I think you do (next to my girlfriends and immediate family). Thanks!

I just saw the P&P. That was an error on my shopping cart. Its been amended. U.K. Shipping is £3.90 and is Tracked and Signed for and includes cruciform mailer. Stiffener and tracked postage. I have refunded you the difference.

Last edited:
Yep, thanks all... all that signed stuff gets collated into a special order tag, signed and so on. Preorders get secret hidden extras too. But telling would be spoiling the surprise.

advertisement

Back