advertisement

Chromecast Audio problems with one PC

brab

pfm Member
I use CC Audio to cast internet radio from my work computer which is a recent Intel I5 model. Fairly frequently I get drop outs and sometimes very distorted sound usually after opening certain programs such as File Explorer. Refreshing the browser page from which I'm casting usually fixes the problem. These problems don't usually happen with my phone or netbooks when casting. Are there PC settings which would optimize or prioritize CC casting? Thanks for replies.

Might be the browsers busy even th o the pc itself isnt. Try streaming via a separate app like vlc

Might be the browsers busy even th o the pc itself isnt. Try streaming via a separate app like vlc

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried streaming via Neutron Music Player and am not encountering problems. But why am I not having problems streaming via the same browsers (Edge and Chrome) on other computers with far lower specs?

Tbh I'm not sure - like the poster above I'm far from an expert - know a bit more about MacOS than Windows, as I use Macs for myself and Windows for work.

My thought was that if you're like me you could have lots of tabs open, which means the browser is doing lots of different things. As streaming is one of them, it sometimes might not get enough priority. Moving the streaming to another app that's doing one thing only and you could get a better experience. On the other machines maybe you have less browser tabs open?

You mentioned FE causing issues - missed that first time - not sure what that's about. I'd leave task manager open and see what the processor / disk / network is doing when problems occur - could help isolate the issue to something.

You could try an UGREEN Ethernet Adapter.......... "The micro USB power port on the Chromecast Audio also has live digital audio contacts that Google does not advertise or promote. With the UGreen ethernet adapter, you can input both power and audio [data] simultaneously thru the micro USB port. You now have a wired and powered network endpoint/renderer instead of a lo-fi wifi device."
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N1X28F1/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back