advertisement

Chrome bumper NAP fuses

So here is what happen for what it’s worth. Because New Zealand has a muppet show selling Naim Audio since “Focaim” decided to flick off the guy that’s been doing it for the last 36 years all the great support and knowledge is gone, call it dismal at best they can’t even supply a Powerline! A while back I wanted to buy one and they tried to sell me a nordost cable which is not what I wanted at all. That’s the kind of BS we have against us here. I’ll probably be able to buy Naim Audio down at the local supermarket next week.
Anyway the littelfuse company is what Naim use out of the factory and me being a bit of a OEM person that’s what I want. I’ve contacted Tom Tom if they can supply no reply and from my past experience they won’t send here because I don’t know why. I’ve contacted Naim Audio and zero reply X2. I then contacted the local muppet show which was like talking to the guy selling another brand. In the mean while I have managed to track down 20x T2.5 240V (had to buy bulk) littelfuse company fuses which will do my SC as it had a T5, it was originally from the States. The voltage conversion had been done in Australia and I guess The T5 was all the technician had or it’s the 110V one which still worked ok with 240V????? After checking my Armageddon and 135’s they do have LFC T4 240V but for obvious reasons I wanted to double check.
So to the forums clowns I have been very proactive about this. I was very happy that I could easily get the correct fuse information from PF.
I’ll be sure in the future to keep my gratitude to myself.
End of rant.

So here is what happen for what it’s worth. Because New Zealand has a muppet show selling Naim Audio since “Focaim” decided to flick off the guy that’s been doing it for the last 36 years all the great support and knowledge is gone, call it dismal at best they can’t even supply a Powerline! A while back I wanted to buy one and they tried to sell me a nordost cable which is not what I wanted at all. That’s the kind of BS we have against us here. I’ll probably be able to buy Naim Audio down at the local supermarket next week.
Anyway the littelfuse company is what Naim use out of the factory and me being a bit of a OEM person that’s what I want. I’ve contacted Tom Tom if they can supply no reply and from my past experience they won’t send here because I don’t know why. I’ve contacted Naim Audio and zero reply X2. I then contacted the local muppet show which was like talking to the guy selling another brand. In the mean while I have managed to track down 20x T2.5 240V (had to buy bulk) littelfuse company fuses which will do my SC as it had a T5, it was originally from the States. The voltage conversion had been done in Australia and I guess The T5 was all the technician had or it’s the 110V one which still worked ok with 240V????? After checking my Armageddon and 135’s they do have LFC T4 240V but for obvious reasons I wanted to double check.
So to the forums clowns I have been very proactive about this. I was very happy that I could easily get the correct fuse information from PF.
I’ll be sure in the future to keep my gratitude to myself.
End of rant.
Good rant :)

For safety's sake having the right fuse is important. I fixed a guitar amp once that had a screw jammed in the fuse holder, certainly not to spec.

Good rant :)

For safety's sake having the right fuse is important. I fixed a guitar amp once that had a screw jammed in the fuse holder, certainly not to spec.
I have a mate who was using aluminium foil for a fuse in his nap 500! Said it kept on blowing fuses until the foil

I have a mate who was using aluminium foil for a fuse in his nap 500! Said it kept on blowing fuses until the foil
OK enough of the clown BS, that's a couple of times you have been snarky, nobody is expected to know where you are or what ordeal you have been through with your local dealer. One thing I would say is that given a little initiative you could easily have looked up photos of CB NAP135s on the web to see what the label on them said for fuse ratings. Still I'm happy you found the info you were looking for, and now you might learn something (or maybe not).
Not all T rated fuses are built the same, the T rating is not like a a defined BS / UL / CSA / ANSI or whatever specification, and each manufacturer can have their own current/time response curves, I had a guy who kept occasionaly blowing NAP250 T8A (north america) fuses and eventually he brought it to me to look at, I popped in one of my Littlefuse ones and it's been ok ever since.
Had you been a little less snarky I would have mailed you a couple of T4A for nothing next time I went to the post office.

Loz828
Good grief, and we thought Australians were bad......(a copy past from an email notification)

The clown pulled out of town :D

As the OP, I was again looking for fuses, this time not for one of my ever growing pile of 135's but for an XPS2, I ended up buying a few from Analogue seduction. I did find it a bit confusing as I have different information on several fuses and spoke to the ever knowledgeable Andrew Heath, who explained slow blow and the letter before the rating and what they mean

I'd forgotten they age. I did have all my 135's serviced over the last few years, so hopefully another 10 years before I forget and see the thread again

Hi all what size are the chasis fuses - for the NAP500 and 552.........I tried a 3.5T Littlefuse........which the 552 zapped almost immediately...

advertisement

Back