advertisement

Chrome bumper NAP fuses

IWC Doppel

pfm Member
Anyone know where I can buy the right fuses for NPA 135's ?

I havent tried Naim, but suspect I can but a pack delivered for less than one from naim !

Drop me an address and I'll pop a couple in the post. You'll owe a favour to someone else in return in the future.

Les

Naim use Littelfuse 213 series available from farnell, probably T4.0A for the 135. I order a stock to keep me going for all my gear because I find fuses go off in time, saves getting duff ones from a hi-fi shop.

mat

Naim use Littelfuse 213 series available from farnell, probably T4.0A for the 135. I order a stock to keep me going for all my gear because I find fuses go off in time, saves getting duff ones from a hi-fi shop.

mat

"...fuses go off...". Can wire do that? I better get my house rewired. The caps may trains, but a clean would help?

By their very nature, fuses have a thin bit of wire that runs warm under normal load. This means it oxidises, and will eventually fail, unless the normal load is way below the rating - in which case you would get better protection from a smaller rated part.

"...fuses go off...". Can wire do that? I better get my house rewired. The caps may trains, but a clean would help?

As PigletsDad says fuses consist of a very thin bit of wire and they are subject to any mains spikes and fluctuations, but I am not qualified to say whether this actually causes degradation, and the idea that oxidisation might is an interesting point. Anyway the whole system hangs off fuses so to my mind they must be pretty influential. I can easily hear an inferior type of fuse when compared to the Littelfuse, and I always find a nice improvement when I replace them, usually every few months.

mat

As PigletsDad says fuses consist of a very thin bit of wire and they are subject to any mains spikes and fluctuations, but I am not qualified to say whether this actually causes degradation, and the idea that oxidisation might is an interesting point. Anyway the whole system hangs off fuses so to my mind they must be pretty influential. I can easily hear an inferior type of fuse when compared to the Littelfuse, and I always find a nice improvement when I replace them, usually every few months.

mat

Interesting. Maybe worth whipping the fuse out and cleaning the end caps? What about the exposed connector inside the fuse holder? Surely the contact area is smaller and more prove to oxidisation? Or is there a reliance on the fact of changing the fuse cleans the oxidisation off the contact, therefore all you need to do is remove the fuse and replace with the same fuse?

One could spend a great deal of time swapping fuses rather just enjoying music...can music really suffer that much?

Edit: most fuse end caps look to be nickel plated...for what is the fuse wire made from?

What is the view that you can remove one fuse either at the plug or the equipment end. I have recently discovered the 5a fuse in some of my mains lead goes bang when messing with computers.

Interesting. Maybe worth whipping the fuse out and cleaning the end caps? What about the exposed connector inside the fuse holder? Surely the contact area is smaller and more prove to oxidisation? Or is there a reliance on the fact of changing the fuse cleans the oxidisation off the contact, therefore all you need to do is remove the fuse and replace with the same fuse?

One could spend a great deal of time swapping fuses rather just enjoying music...can music really suffer that much?

Edit: most fuse end caps look to be nickel plated...for what is the fuse wire made from?

It's just something I am happy to do when I feel like it, if the system is sounding great I don't bother. It's not something to lose any sleep about; just something to consider if you are so inclined. I can't see the point in taking an old fuse out and cleaning it, you might as well put a new one in and clean that, they cost pennys if you order from Farnell.

mat

Just wanted to say thank you to the OP from all those years ago. Seriously I’ve been searching for the answer to what fuse to use for a nap135 and this is the only place on the web (I can find) that told me T4

Ummmm??? It's written on the label on the back.
When a thankfulness of appreciation is given somebody has to be to a clown.
Have a look at older CB gear you may learn something today. Or maybe not…

Last edited:
Reactions: S_J
A phone call to Naim may have been easier? :rolleyes:
So I live in the UK and have same time zone do I? once again the circus is in town. What is wrong with you people?
I emailed Naim x2 no reply. The new local agent’s have no idea what a powerline even is.
You people are just breath taking. Seriously where is the “nice one you found out here and that’s keeps things safe”?…just pathetic.

So I live in the UK and have same time zone do I? once again the circus is in town. What is wrong with you people?
I emailed Naim x2 no reply. The new local agent’s have no idea what a powerline even is.
You people are just breath taking. Seriously where is the “nice one you found out here and that’s keeps things safe”?…just pathetic.
I've no idea where in the world you are. How would I know? I didn't realise time zones affected phone operation :rolleyes:

advertisement

Back