advertisement

Christy Moore, BBC4 9:00pm tonight

gary1064

pfm Member
As above, in concert in 2008 with Declan Sinnott (who's also worked a lot with Mary Black). Hoping this will be a good one to watch.

I do like Christy Moore. He first came to my attention when I was a Hippy Traveller. The song " Go, Move, Shift" became a bit of an anthem to many travellers because of its references to evictions and constantly being moved on...

I have been a long time fan of Christy and have seen him many times. Every song has a story behind it as every concert i have been to also has one. His ability to hold court to hold the stage, engaging, powerful and gut wrenching. He has always been known as "old sweaty bollocks" and leaves everything on the stage. If i had my desert island discs it would without doubt include his outstanding live C.D. "Live at the point"
Christy's rendition of "The fairy tale of New York" is simply stunning and the recording of the concert sublime, if you like your irish folk with passion then mug yourself to a copy you will not be dissapointed. Fair play to you Christy.

advertisement

Back