advertisement

Christmas Wine II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Campo Viejo is not at the same level as the Faustino. It is good value when under £10. However, if Rioja is not your bag I'd advise caution...
I did try it. I like it and it's certainly a cut above normal but not as surprisingly good (to me anyway) as the Faustino I.

It makes it on to my "OK to buy again" list (but not my "Definitely buy again" list). I only have four categories. The other two are "Definitely don't buy again" and "Maybe buy again".

Wine ‘higher strength’ over 11%? Blimey, the best beer is stronger than that...

51635922940_aa4480641a.jpg

It looks like I have until February 2023 to become an average Brit, reject ‘higher strength’ (ie all red) wine and develop a Prosecco habit. Shouldn’t be too hard, it tastes disgusting, it’s not strong enough to make you feel happy and gives you a bad stomach. What’s not to like? And the more you drink, the more you save! Hooray!!

Last edited:
Of other Sainsbury's wines Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent (Louis Jadot) gets a favourable score from me (but with a caveat that the 2018 needs at least two hours in the decanter).

I disagree, in my opinion this reaches its peak after three days. Opened on Monday -- OK for £12. Finished off today, rather excellent for £12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back