advertisement

Christmas Wine II

Status
Not open for further replies.
On CT etc often read 'decanted for 2/3/4/6 hours'. And yet when you go to a posh restaurant and pay 2/3 times more for the same wine the decant can hardly be 1 hour.
So how does that work then ? Has been bothering me for a while so looking forward to an erudite answer.
Wines over 10 years old might not need much air time but who can afford those in a posh restaurant anyway.

There's something about a nice decanter enhances wine.
Pasta as mentioned above "vegan pesto" garlic,
kale,pine nuts.

Moved on to this,wow delicious wine reminds me
of the vibrancy of Le Ronsay.If you see a passetoutgrain from a good producer ,worth giving it a go,though not cheap these days.

anyone want a case of this for christmas?
2005 Ch. Lynch Bages, Pauillac, Bordeaux
£1400 and it's yours. PM me. Having a final cellar clearout
:)

now sold. Cheers

Last edited:

Moved on to this,wow delicious wine reminds me
of the vibrancy of Le Ronsay.If you see a passetoutgrain from a good producer ,worth giving it a go,though not cheap these days.

Lafarge certainly fits the 'good producer' bill.

You don't so so much Passetougrain nowadays, which is a shame.

5-B433279-BFBB-492-A-AF95-C211-B28-E58-C6.jpg

St Cosme deux albion red 2018. Perfectly gluggable Rhône, not the best, there’s nothing really « magnificent » about this, but very satisfying nevertheless. Paid about £20, a bit less, which sounds right.

With a salad of rocket and Gorgonzola, pot au feu, and a pear from the tree at the bottom of the garden.

It must be a blue moon: opening a rosé. And slumming it with entry level Guigal Tavel too. So far so good: recommended. Maybe should have bought more than two bottles...
edit especially as sauvignon swilling daughter pronounced it "OK" as she finished the bottle.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that I've ever experienced a blue moon, though the law of averages says that I must have done.

I'm not sure I've had entry level Kumeu Village Chardonnay before or not, but opening one this evening. Ready to write it off as light, simple, inoffensive and not my kind of chardonnay but wait... I think there is more. I suspect it will go well enough with the roast chicken... but then which chardonnay doesn't ?
It is good value so I would certainly look for it on a restaurant list.

Last edited:
Finally got to taste this Petit Caro,maybe it's just too elegant too refined,though a VVG wine,seemed more Malbec in the mix.

On offer currently at Waitrose.

It must be a blue moon: opening a rosé. And slumming it with entry level Guigal Tavel too. So far so good: recommended. Maybe should have bought more than two bottles...
edit especially as sauvignon swilling daughter pronounced it "OK" as she finished the bottle.

I wouldn't mind some of this but it's become really hard to find online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back