Status
Not open for further replies.

Roast tofu Buddha bowl.
Supplies of Sorg running out.
Excellent Sylvaner.

Musical background.

Last edited:
0-DA72-BA0-F1-E0-4-F61-9-EE4-D6-DF8-A2-F7-EE4.jpg

The bottle with the green label is a Tuscan red wine, Morellino de Scansano from Fratoria le Pupille, 2015. I got it from Divine Fine Wines in Birmingham. It is a Marlon Brando wine (young and cute, as in A Streetcar Named Desire), muscles, chewing tobacco and cherry, delicious but undrinkable on opening - it absolutely demanded to breath, and I ended up decanting. I shall be ordering more. I served it with a bolito misto with beef and a saffron risotto. Cheered me up on a rainy day.

The wine on the left is white, a present from a Romanian friend, from Transylvania, called Jidvei. It’s well made, and perfectly drinkable - though here it’s being used for the risotto - but I’d say it’s in the same league as a £8 Macon Village from Tesco. It may cost much less than £8 for all I know.

Ciacci Piccolomini d'Aragona. A 3.25 on the compressed scale but fair enough for the price. Italian is such a beautiful language.

Today’s Lay and Wheeler flyer quiz...

‘Soft, open-knit and wonderfully inviting...’

Are they trying to sell me
1. A new cardy
2. A winter blanket
3. The 93 point PN VZ 16 from Bollinger

Today’s Lay and Wheeler flyer quiz...

‘Soft, open-knit and wonderfully inviting...’

Are they trying to sell me
1. A new cardy
2. A winter blanket
3. The 93 point PN VZ 16 from Bollinger

Ooh, I know! Is it PN VZ 16? The previous vintage was rather nice, if apparently a total marketing exercise...

Ooh, I know! Is it PN VZ 16? The previous vintage was rather nice, if apparently a total marketing exercise...
The prize goes to Mr 3. I’ll have to make the next one more difficult. Maybe ‘which of these descriptions is more likely to make you part with your hard-earned? ‘Absolutely stunning’, ‘Truly stunning’ or Stunningly stunning.’ ’

If it’s not too late, there isn’t much on the £25+ South America list (including the Chilean listed under Italian) that I wouldn’t buy, especially the Pulentas. Likewise the equivalent Spanish list (particularly curious about which vintage of “awaiting new product” they’re offering). Alión is a lovely wine when it’s good and ready - I had a bottle of 2015 from either a bad batch, or simply too early to drink, but the noighties vintages I’d tried prior to that were stunning.

Meerlust Rubicon on the sub-£25 is also rather nice (or at least other vintages are, I have a case of the ‘17 but haven’t tried it yet).
From the sparkling list, if the Langlois-Chateau crémant de Loire is the Quadrille, it’s really rather good - per the description, not as dry (to me, read acidic) as some champagnes, but not as sweet as some Prosecco. I can’t imagine the others aren’t good, but the Quadrille is the only one from L-C that I’ve tried.

Happy shopping!

The prize goes to Mr 3. I’ll have to make the next one more difficult. Maybe ‘which of these descriptions is more likely to make you part with your hard-earned? ‘Absolutely stunning’, ‘Truly stunning’ or Stunningly stunning.’ ’
Sorry, but these days I don’t get out of bed for less than ‘stupendous’, and might hold out for ‘biblical’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back