advertisement

Christmas Wine II

Status
Not open for further replies.
And opened L'Aurage 2016. Not sure if it is still young but it tasted good.
I see Corney & Barrow have magnums at £72: good choice for a special occasion IMO.

And opened L'Aurage 2016. Not sure if it is still young but it tasted good.
I see Corney & Barrow have magnums at £72: good choice for a special occasion IMO.
L&W have 2017/18 at good prices if you feel like stocking up.

I’m off to France in a couple of weeks and hope to pick up a vertical of Les Cruzelles from the final Durantou years (2015/6/7/8 - got 2019 from L&W already.) I’m hoping that might be something of an Aurage-alike. I read somewhere that it is ‘the best wine bar Roc from a ‘Bordeaux satellite appellation’’ but I’m not getting my hopes up - it was only internet merchant blurb, believe at your peril!

20230307-093831.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
20230307-093831.jpg

I’ve just had notice that the Carrefour France spring wine fair opens online today. Guigal CdR 2019 at 7.50€, which is £6.50 at the current rate. Not possible for me to order online, bastards. But I’ll be there when it opens in-store next week. Can I be bothered to get up early, drive 15 miles to the nearest hypermarket and stand outside, slavering, as the doors open? Yes, I’m afraid so.

I’ve just had notice that the Carrefour France spring wine fair opens online today. Guigal CdR 2019 at 7.50€, which is £6.50 at the current rate. Not possible for me to order online, bastards. But I’ll be there when it opens in-store next week. Can I be bothered to get up early, drive 15 miles to the nearest hypermarket and stand outside, slavering, as the doors open? Yes, I’m afraid so.
Good price, that.
Their 2016, bought from the same worthy retailer in 2018 or 19, is just starting to open up nicely (based on a highly scientific test conducted last week).

Their 2016, bought from the same worthy retailer in 2018 or 19, is just starting to open up nicely (based on a highly scientific test conducted last week).

Extraordinary to see this wine being treated with such respect and care!

Opened to have with risotto.
RVMBGC grapes AOC Grignan les Adhemar.
Interesting wine trivia Coteaux du Tricastin changed to the above appellation because of a uranium leak at a nearby power station.

https://www.thewinesociety.com/prod...e-villages-tradition-domaine-de-mourchon-2018
Looks pretty good value to me.
Can most CdR do with minimum 5yrs?

It doesn't say that, it says drink now-2027, possibly with half an eye on the sad but irrefutable fact that we can't buy it now to drink in, say, 2021:)

I know this wine well, on account of having drunk every vintage of it since the owners started making it. Five years is a pretty good starting point, but certainly not compulsory, and it will certainly run for 8-10, or even more.

It doesn't say that, it says drink now-2027, possibly with half an eye on the sad but irrefutable fact that we can't buy it now to drink in, say, 2021:)

I know this wine well, on account of having drunk every vintage of it since the owners started making it. Five years is a pretty good starting point, but certainly not compulsory, and it will certainly run for 8-10, or even more.
You've convinced me.
That la Nerthe CdR 2018 just seemed perfection.
I remember the day the grapes were picked., everything aligned.

I want to know why we shouldn’t consider drinking it with an ill-proportioned steak.

Yes, so do I. I had a steak recently that was disgracefully proportioned, so much so that it took two of us to eat it. It was both the best, and the most expensive, steak that I/we have ever had.

We had it with a delightful Barbera from the Langhe. The Mourchon wasn't on offer, probably on account of the incorrect proportions of the steak.

What a delightful wine dealer,I got emails to say
pending then another day packed.So helpful.
Still awaiting one saying sent.

Drinking now!2018.
Picking a best CdR just got more difficult this is Rhone in a velvet glove , elegance , refinement no hint of rusticity.
A veritable " petit Jésus en culotte de velours".

IMG-0834.jpg

Cota 45 UBE

My friend said it reminded him of bitter cheese, but I love it, it reminds me of sherry. I decided to have it with some salty feta - it's a great combo. I absolutely totally could polish off this bottle now.

I've really found one of the wine types of my dreams with vinos de pasto, big thank you to @wulbert for his advice. I'm going to really dig into them I think, explore what I can get in London.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back