advertisement

Christmas Albums That You Spin? The Festive Season Ear Treats

Today I've given this it's first spin of the year. It's unlikely anyone on here will have heard
Oakdale Youth Choir - Carols for Christmas
Carols..jpg

Sung by members of the school choir of Oakdale Comprehensive School, where my son was a pupil at that time. It was released in 1993 and bought for me as a Christmas present by my son. I play it every Christmas:)

Listening to ‘Ladies of the Canyon’ Joni Mitchell.

Log cabin music with snow all around, mulled wine and an open fire. Christmassy but no bells.

She sounds like Winter, with the promise of Summer.

Today I've given this it's first spin of the year. It's unlikely anyone on here will have heard
Oakdale Youth Choir - Carols for Christmas
Carols..jpg

Sung by members of the school choir of Oakdale Comprehensive School, where my son was a pupil at that time. It was released in 1993 and bought for me as a Christmas present by my son. I play it every Christmas:)

A great example of why music transcends the inanity of discussions around gear, sampling frequency etc. I'm trying to spend more time in the music forum, rather than the temptations of the gear/classified/box swapping side of things. All very enjoyable, informative and friendly ... but it really is all about the music.

I always play this track at Christmas. It sounds very wintery and Christmassy - despite the less than festive title. It may be unintentional Christmas music that is in some ways more Christmassy than some Christmas music.

As its by Mogwai perhaps post Christmas is a sub genre?

There is also Christmas Song from the same EP but I find this rather less Christamassy.

I'm probably the last to know.... and it says much about the nature of the charts these days... but a band called The Kunts has a track at number 5 in the UK charts called "Boris Johnson is still a f*cking cu*t"!! Oh such joy!:)
It is indeed an attempt to get xmas number 1

And now I find my Christmas records have had their time till next year.

I did have this on order before Christmas but it hasn’t turned up and I fear a dispute is coming (Discogs)
If it does turn up in the next week (o_O) then I will play it, but my Spidey-Sense tells me that the Seller is taking the peas.

Shame as I was looking forward to this.

More images

Jacob Miller / Ray I – Natty Christmas
Label: Dread Beat – 33103-2
Format:
CD, Album, Reissue
Released: 1994
Genre: Reggae

And now I find my Christmas records have had their time till next year.

I did have this on order before Christmas but it hasn’t turned up and I fear a dispute is coming (Discogs)
If it does turn up in the next week (o_O) then I will play it, but my Spidey-Sense tells me that the Seller is taking the peas.

Shame as I was looking forward to this.

More images

Jacob Miller / Ray I – Natty Christmas
Label: Dread Beat – 33103-2
Format:
CD, Album, Reissue
Released: 1994
Genre: Reggae

update -

It took me ages to get a refund, then the seller gave me an abuse and negative feedback. Discogs removed the negative feedback, and cancelled his account. What a swine.

I now have a bad taste about this album that I don’t have.

advertisement

Back