advertisement

Christine McVie has died

A sad loss of a great talent. Such a soulful voice. She will be missed, but she has left a wonderful body of work.

Search BBC Sounds for her Desert Island Discs. Well worth a listen.

RIP Songbird

RIP Songbird, thanks for the wonderful memories indelibly linked to your timeless songwriting. You are among a few that compelled me to stop and listen.

Great singer. She owns this song, nobody ever did it better

Ken Garner's 'In Session Tonight' book came with a CD of selected tracks from Peel sessions over the years. First song on there was Chicken Shack's version of this. I would offer that that version is better than this. Opinions?

Always was the Chicken Shack version I went back to - always Christine though - just a perfect rendition.

Another person gone whose music has been in the background of my life since primary school when my best friend's brother, who loved Chicken Shack, played us their records. I then went from loving Fleetwood Mac as a teenager to holding them as a guilty pleasure.

RIP

Vaguely remember through the haze ,Chicken Shack performing at Henry's - or could have been the Eagle up the road.
So many small clubs with live bands in those days.

She was a massive talent, never really ‘got round’ to Fleetwood Max but appreciate their significance. I too was surprised she was such an age. RIP.

advertisement

Back