advertisement

Chord 2qute & Mac users

stevebrock

pfm Member
Got a Chord 2qute today very impressed with the SQ over my old Rega DAC

I have been using the USB connection connected to my Mac, using ITunes and VOX for playback - however when playing 44.1 hz sample rate files the DAC is supposed to illuminate red through the little window however it's just white

When I swap over to an optical connection it does illuminate with the correct colur

Can any one shed on light on this - thanks

Have you got the correct sample rate set in audiomidi? iTunes does not automatically select the sample rate like most of the better Mac players.

Mine turns red, yes. In the Utilities folder within Applications, there's an App called Audio Midi Setup as Muzzer says. Make sure the Format is set to something appropriate. I just set mine to 96,000Hz most of the time and you should light up green.

Another thing you could do is download Audirvana + or J River Media Center. Both very good music players, with different flavours, both free for a month, and both bypass all the interfering iOS stuff so will correctly switch between sample rates.

And I agree with you about this latest generation of Chord DACs. They are just superb.

advertisement

Back