advertisement

Chili Peppers at Glasgow

JTC

PFM Villager...
Caught the Chilis on Glasgow Green yesterday - good gig, great weather. But that's not the purpose of this post.

No, I'd like to know why the tossers who fling half full pints of beer, bottles and even cans up in the air into other parts of the crowd think it's funny. It's not. We were okay, but a poor lassie a few yards in front of us got cracked on the back of the head by a can of Tennents from on high.

You know, it could have been a great gig but for an ugly, over-sunned and pissed crowd.

Apologies for going off on one, but for me the crowd ruined the day...

jtc

I remember Reading Rock in '87, when Bad News were playing. The shower of cans half full of piss was simply incredible :eek:

I haven't been to a large outside rock concert for some time. I remeber that there was a similar incident at Monsters of rock '92 ( Maiden headlining), which I watched from a distance. There must have been 20-30,000 white plastic gallon containers (containing various different fluids) being thrown in the air by those closest to the stage, it looked quite impressive such was the scale. It then died down in a kind of mexican wave pattern as all the smart people caught hold of a container and held it above their heads, then there where about 20-30,000 people holding gallon containers on thier heads and looking round pointing and laughing at each other. Obviously you'd need to have seen it to appreciate the humour but it's still making me smile 11 years later.
I believe that the idea of only allowing large white plastic containers into the venue, is to stop the morons from throwing small, hard to see items , such as cans and bottles at the stage and each other. Getting hit in the face with a can of lager isn't my idea of fun.

Scotland v Italy at Murrayfield for me, good result and great atmosphere inside and outside the ground. Very drunk indeed, Sunday was a painfull day of rest ;)

I thought that the crowd were pretty good considering the weather. I was right at the front of the main crowd for the Foos and Chilis and there was a great atmosphere, perhaps we were too far from the beer tent for the nastiness.

About 40 people in the 3rd and 4th rows fell over at the same time at one point, and everyone in front of them immediately turned round and hauled them back up.

Getting back to the topic of this board, didn't the Chilis do well :)
I have never been so impressed with a Band's live performance, and I never knew Flea was such a great trumpeter. Obviously, the Foos rocked too, but after seeing them in a tiny venue in Paris last year, the wide open space of Glasgow on a sunny day was a little quiet :)

Possibly my favorite moment of the day was Electric Six's cover of Radio Ga Ga. Being too young to see Queen I have always wanted to stand in a huge crowd and clap along to the chorus, now I have done. The band were great, really really polished and the frontman has oodles of charisma, a great little bonus on top of the Foos, Chilis and QOTSA.

Was anyone else there, what were your impressions?

Cheers,

Ed

advertisement

Back