advertisement

Chernobyl

farfromthesun

pfm Member
Anyone watch this last night?

As horrific as expected - cinematic imagery and a great droning soundtrack that just made it all the worse.

Slightly odd were the English accents throughout.

Watched the 1st episode last night on Now TV; thought it was absolutely brilliant (with weird Yorkshire accents too) :D

I'll catch up with the 2nd episode today at sometime...

The soundtrack was very doom & gloom, perfect for it IMO

How refreshing to not treat the audience as unimaginative idiots and use cod Russian accents.

Watched the 1st episode last night on Now TV; thought it was absolutely brilliant (with weird Yorkshire accents too) :D

I'll catch up with the 2nd episode today at sometime...

The soundtrack was very doom & gloom, perfect for it IMO

Are other episodes bar the first one available yet? I think it’s a weekly release?

Been watching Chernobyl documentaries in the background this morning - absolutely fascinating. One of the most amazing things is that just simple water is such an amazing insulator at controlling radiation.

Are other episodes bar the first one available yet? I think it’s a weekly release?

Been watching Chernobyl documentaries in the background this morning - absolutely fascinating. One of the most amazing things is that just simple water is such an amazing insulator at controlling radiation.

2nd episode was last night on Sky Atlantic IIRC

Yes; seen a few Chernobyl programmes before; really quite scary what happened and how far it actually spread (in the air etc); radioactive sheep in Cumbria haha...

I was nearly 7 when it happened, remember it being in the news too

I was 13 and remember it well. Can’t really believe that we’ve had both this and Fukushima in our lifetimes. Let’s hope there are no more!!..

AOne of the most amazing things is that just simple water is such an amazing insulator at controlling radiation.

Yup. My dad was involved with the spent fuel storage facilities at Calder Hall/Windscale/Sellafield. He was on the team that designed Pond 5, just a big water tank really.

Just watched the 2nd episode...

Shit scary stuff. Amazing at how bloody minded the ruskies were and in complete & utter denial.

Even when they're told it's happened and can see it with their own eyes... Nope, didnt happen

Christ on a bike!

It’s so good I’ve watched it twice. Absolutely fascinating, but stumbled across this BBC too.. of which this Sky Production is a direct copy! Watch this too, it’s v interesting.

Aye, already seen that...

It's scary enough that this thing is covered by a concrete sarcophagus that'll need renewing every so often as it's being eaten at from the inside..

Even crazier are the folk that have been deep in to picture the 'elephants foot'

Watched the 1st episode last night via Kodi,riveting,scary stuff.
The Kursk and Chernobyl tragedies show how utterly rotten the old USSR was...

It’s so scary.

I have a Cold War Russian Submarine clock (Kursk vintage) in my downstairs loo - I’m tempted to get a dosimeter make sure the bugger isn’t radioactive! :mad:o_O

Well done production and yes, utterly horrifying. Hard to imagine how much worse it could have been.

advertisement

Back