advertisement

Cheapish streamer with Bluetooth

Tigerjones

Bagpuss
Any recommendations for a cheap streaming option that sounds reasonable with Bluetooth. I'd like a Bluesound Node2i but funds are tight so is there anything comparable for a couple of hundred clams, or less?
It needs to have a built in DAC.

Cheers
Patrick

Yamaha WXAD-10? I use a CD-NT670D at the moment which works really well although I want to try a dedicated streamer with a separate DAC, I've been looking at the older Bluesound Node 2 (non i) as a digital streamer but I gather the built in DAC is not as good as the 2i.

Second the Yamaha WXAD-10. If you want something more flexible, a WXC-50. Think there was one on here recently for circa £150. Great bit of kit.

Any recommendations for a cheap streaming option that sounds reasonable with Bluetooth. I'd like a Bluesound Node2i but funds are tight so is there anything comparable for a couple of hundred clams, or less?
It needs to have a built in DAC.

Cheers
Patrick
Chromecast does it, apparently. Has onboard DAC. Were they £20?

The Yamaha seem to be a good fit for my needs. Computer audio and streaming confuse my simple mind so much I never end up buying anything.

Do as I do, buy a streaming solution and then fail to use it as intended. I have Airport Express, Chromecast, Roberts streamer, the list goes on.

Do as I do, buy a streaming solution and then fail to use it as intended. I have Airport Express, Chromecast, Roberts streamer, the list goes on.
Haha. I probably will. I don’t even know if I need one really. That’s why I want to start cheap.

The Yamaha WXAD-10 is a good introduction to streaming. I haven't used the bluetooth function but it is relatively easy to set up and use. The native Musiccast app is not the best out there but there are alternatives, especially on Android, such as Bubbleupnp.

Chromecast does it, apparently. Has onboard DAC. Were they £20?
Doesn't do bluetooth, but does access stuff you might be going to on your phone anyway (Spotify/BBC Sounds etc.). Bit more faff to get to local files with something like HifiCast but doable.4

A thought, you can do this for a fiver of you have a smartphone or tablet with BT. I got a B T receiver, no box, no power supply, runs from a phone charger, about £3. Headphone jack out. So phone or tablet streams files, spotify, etc, BT to the receiver, headphone out to RCA cable, into the amp. Even I managed this. £3.

advertisement

Back