advertisement

Cheap upgrdes bought off eBay for the michell Gyro

gwernaffield

pfm Member
Hi have a few cheap upgrades you can do and buy the stuff off eBay ,
1 the Feet are on the gyro can move and also can transmit sound into the chassis on the gyro , so get so pro skateboard wheels off eBay 52x32 x21, and get 3 x1/2/bsf nuts ,push the nuts into the rubber wheels, and use the 3 stb parts of the feet which just screw into them , allowing for adjustment , the deck will now have less chance of moving ,
2 Buy some 7/32 aluminum oxide Bearings off eBay you need 4 do not use the black ones they crack , replace the bearings in the split suspension (upgraded ones) and the main bearing this will lower the noise floor off the bearing ,
3 buy some sorbothane , 3 mm thick , cut 3 pads, 8mm diameter and place on the split suspension small shaft
this will cut down on noise being transmitted into the pylon,
4 cut a disk of sorbothane to fit inside the clamp this will cut down on any resonance in the clamp ,
5 get a plastic spacer cut 10mm thick x 114 diameter 89 mm hole use the original arm board and drill through . make a 1mm rubber gasket and do the same for the holes blot the lot to the chassis , cost £20 , please be careful in using power tools,
warning do not put the bearing in you mouth do not leave were Children can get hold of them, or see a parent to help in fitting
give them all a go and see what you think
all these are very cheap to do , all can be bought of eBay,

When I leave donuts in the toilet, they're not much use!!!!! ;)

But I know that you refer to the seal for the flush unit.

the tolet doughnut seal 1 1/2 is used to support the motor and it does sound great
y4mWVQbBoUuArQ27FLtRYmwfN57ghhubZ7O7HtNCxGaCk8XKamp6vm7O1R6bNtiuGtI_hjzsIYwyDyedUDwNuoy0b0F7MgzZLSLM4YvIWEdG1a7Ysz9EeX8ZycFYynyJ4VsRx-pztQbQ4nVucwlZoivGLacHuAAUURB2DIaht5aQ8DCHA1IRTsnplaRKVfr3QOqYfDHPyeGRFfiw5aG8t68kg
y4m9WJXj4S3j8c1iJr8L5C0rrx2CdnaFQzh0txLURWgsS0yhSvEpGDkmin2Y0wITs1kzUMHe4nHVX3p2TSiwhCtFdIF-NDL_yHoYZoQ4tC6mq8Mdc7mdcQ4z_RFGfs2xGwWuBYXpyERw5kNDOFx4jYP2xeVwOkxUEr1l4pozz_tHGMX8JeAiTE67LTK6bvfFa_83NjgMAVybMEXIPg8fuJz_w
y4mVvo47vgoijDSxoaqQiBFHWnrAbFn2s7ZlqUDtWg36wKq50OrMp0Gy2dIMTZ8BXXqC_ihsuS3LBtcSGBzqhACFdjlZ6kbQIM03TZMWrzQwvm1Mz5SEQCcqgSs7oNoPq5B-wjqk8I2spRTnZY7PHkXQ1J3B0PeneltHJ4C42FtrSenuWNXG6c7qe1QHDYliawYboSBaUWxsuJZmzuWAhQrWw

The motor is not suppoted properly and you end up with the vibration going into the platter , the 1/ 1/2 stepped seal is fitted

Heh, toilet donut seals are made of a nasty brown wax in North America. I was thinking you meant something like that. :p

no mate i know the Wax ones in the usa, the ones in the uk are either rubber or foam , i have never come a cross a wax one , the seal is used to couple the water supply to the bowl , and not to the floor
pete

you can also add a Michell spider set if needed , but you would need to change a part in the pylon and use bolts for the feet, the same as the orbe on a gyro se version

There is afix for the adjuster in the split suspension ,ether add some plumbers tape to the small post that sits inside the adjuster to stop the movement from side to side, or make 3 sorbothane washers and fit to the suspension tube inside the spring, to reduce the movement of that part , michell never made then a good fit when they were first brought out as an upgrade ,

Done all of the upgrades...My deck has never sounded this good...I'm very pleased with the performance of my Gyrodec now..It's outstanding

skate board feet off eBay just buy the nuts and press into the top use the threaded part of the michell feet , these will not move
y4mWGKnDvh6FiS8yf5qHbF62mIw7cz_h1YZMxxiDUnEz4YR5-FnWG51RcEDvBlpCJuEgDUJ3_yhtAt7Cs-0nsujPFLfVvjjwBqJG6LAcDDYSx__pu1cuxWV10wrwysn4HcdAPMLKjc4PeaOZhYg7s5BwAdkx0cV9H2xLIG0PrR2m-eSlF7SWwTSStPq6xwoEsWevvCOlk8PV8KKA8apJvEKEQ

y4mgiM9zjhKMxOZ86HquWjJSbmawmJLtlhmZxJWT9mrbBiN21APv8w44XRCui5kaH-dTJ4hdKBztU453qhqY27a1fIEmzVonrZZRLxyNJoScBU334a9pdotov2zMYw26ebOoQ5klBhXcRBf9PXsPrWXhy1dUK7W1SoBqEk2QG393JLDZtCAvozuPOCF4Lt7uUipaTAup3MQ_jRlGi3fFyHtjQ

it realy works according to Mr Moon , it was some thing i have ordered but mine are from my favorite shopping channel China, were MR Moon Purchased his in the uk and has beat me to fitting them , he is the one to ask , but by all accounts , it reduced the michrophony effect ,lowed the remains of the noise off the lp , so now every thing is decoupled from the bearing and chassis the only noise s off the bearing , now,

Interesting move in the opposite direction from the current “armboard- sub chassis as one rigid piece” concept.

it is the same as what the sme 3009 used accept they used rubber grommets into the screw holes , same principal it was fine then and is fine now, the concept of make it ridged is fine if the arm board is not part of the deck , the design of the orbe -gyro the arm board is fitted to the chassis so any vibration ends up in the arm board , the more solid the more you will get the vibration , Gert pederson uses rubber gaskets between his arm board ,and then the new upgrade off Michell uses o-rings hidden in top of the arm board support ,
these Bobbins are very stiff rubber i would say solid but they have a thread nut inserted, so what is the real difference ,the cost , so unless you are son of king kong and have an arm that is as stiff as a poker on the bearing ,try them they cost a £5 , and not the cost of the upgrade or arm board

Yeah..the three rubber mounts supporting the armboard are a great success....The surface noise from my records is near to nil...I have went a step further...I've added the acrylic ring back in, on Peters recommendation...so the arm doesn't look like it's flying in space...I'm exceptionally pleased the way the deck is performing...stunning in fact..

MOUNTS DISC by alan moon, on Flickr

Last edited:

advertisement

Back