advertisement

Cheap Tannoys anyone?

The old 60x series were ok my first sets were 603 then 605 just don't get mkii the treble is harsh.
DC6T nicely put together and modern feeling very compact but I found boomy at times but with right room ( guy I sold then to) they sounded utterly gorgeous. Think they need space.

I too would like to try the older bigger DC units just not at the money some go for tho.

Am tempted to look out another classic that divides opinions dare I say it out loud SBLs

Thank you all for the replies and advice, a lot to think about..
As for SBL's, @say it as it is I had some with a Naim 250 and psu of some sort and loved them, but a bit like LP12's, there was always that doubt that I'd not set them up properly...

Yes I have been told they are only say their best when correctly set up.
It's always been a puzzle to me, that when I heard SBLs at a dealer's, they sounded out of phase.
He had them out in the room away from walls and I now wonder if that was the problem?

It's always been a puzzle to me, that when I heard SBLs at a dealer's, they sounded out of phase.
He had them out in the room away from walls and I now wonder if that was the problem?
Hard up against a solid wall was always the rule as far as I know..

Hard up against a solid wall was always the rule as far as I know..
That dealer didn't seem to be too clued up. It was obvious they sounded wrong.

Then again, wall placement doesn't suit everyone's room setup. Dealers are usually more accustomed to in room placement too.

advertisement

Back